Has any Verizon customer had THIS experience????
meltdm

I received a letter two days ago from a collection agency for  Verizon for one of the three hardlines to a house I sold about 7 years ago in a divorce. I stayed a Verizon customer when I moved two towns over. [I obviously am still a Verizon customer]. I was not allowed to keep my original main hardline number and they issued me a new number. After reading a very nasty letter from the collections agency, I called Verizon to inquire what was going on. Why would they wait 7 years to have a collection agency come after me? Neither their customer service nor their Financial / collections department could give me an answer or provide any supporting documents as my question was simple. Why would I pay for only 2 of the 3 lines from a previous house and shirk my responsibilities in paying especially since I was still a Verizon customer. They said they knew nothing, but they did seem to know what collection agency they sent after me. They also said it was strange that no other agency had ever contacted me. No what is even more strange is that in the past seven years, my identity had been stolen twice, and I know what is on my credit reports. A seven year delinquent bill would have shown up. There was never anything from Verizon. I was then told that this happens all the time, and I should just pay the bill. I said it appears that they are in error, and I would not pay on principal. Show me the paper trail and my error and I'll pay. They cannot produce anything. My question to the community:

Has anyone had this ever happen to them? If so, please advise what you did to resolve the situation.

0 Likes