how do I cancel fios on a saturday that I never ordered
macgig
Contributor - Level 1

just got a letter from you , saying my fios order has been recieved and is being processed...

only ONE problem. I dont want fios and I never ordered it... it's Saturday and I can't call to cancel something I never ordered in the first place? this totally sucks. now I have to spend all weekend worrying about this mistake that YOU made?

is there a way to cancel this now, today, Saturday???

Re: how do I cancel fios on a saturday that I never ordered
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since FiOS requires a technician to visit, they aren't going to magically "install" FiOS without you knowing about it or granting permission to do so.  On the off chance someone shows up wanting to install it (as unlikely as that is on such short a timeframe), simply tell them you didn't order it and send them away.   Since service billing doesn't start until after installation has occurred, it's not costing you money for services you didn't order either.  Just call them on Monday and explain it to billing -- they'll just cancel the bogus order.   Make sure you call the main Verizon number (800-Verizon) and not any number or link which may be in the message you received -- it's entirely possible that message itself is a phishing attempt.

0 Likes
macgig
Contributor - Level 1

this was a letter, not email. read my post again.

how did they recieve my order when I never ordered it? I did not call, I did not order it online.... someone goofed, or their a glitch in this sytem. at any rate, I now have to make time Monday to deal with this hassle to call them and fix it. The automated phone systems are annoying... I hate using them... takes forever to get a person on the phone. I don't have time to listen to every menu option and try and guess which one to pick.

Many times the system will hang up on you and you have to call again. VERY annoying. what should be done is Verizon should call me to verify ANY new orders that supposedly came from ME.... then I can tell them I didnt order it. problem solved... they should take the time to fix this, or avoid this sort of crap.. I should not have to waste my time dealing with their mistakes.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK, so it was a letter.   It's entirely possible that someone either ordered it and supplied the wrong address or is pulling a prank.   It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how either could have occurred.   Either way, it requires a tech to install it ... if you didn't order it, just send them away if and when they show up.  Since you need to sign for the installation, they won't do any work without someone over the age of 18 present and they don't start charging for services until after the installation is complete (that's the "verify the order" piece of which you speak).

If you're concerned about it, call them and tell them they goofed.  Otherwise, ignore it.