How do I get my security deposit back
jwang3

Hello so I have tried to get my Verizon fios security deposit back. I have been with Fios for about a year now and I have been calling the Verizon customer service to try to get my deposit back but they just keep transferring me to different departments to the point where it was getting ridiculous! I just want to get my security deposit of $250 back! Verizon customer service has definitely been one of the worst customer services I have experienced. 

0 Likes
Re: How do I get my security deposit back
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello jwang

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
calgree321

Is it common practice to post a customer's bill payment history in a public forum (as the employee called Rachel has done here)?

Additionally, why aren't the terms of your refund policy mentioned at this stage in ordering service? 

0 Likes
emailstacyt

Last year, I paid Verizon a deposit of $250 and somehow they took $500.  It took me months to get it back...MONTHS!  The logs under my name are so long.  I finally got a nice lady who didn't pass me off and actually felt bad for me.  Now 2014, I made a phone call 3 1/2 weeks ago and asked where my deposit is.  I was passed on to different people for 2 days.  On the 2nd day, I held on for 20 minutes until I could talk to somebody. I explained my story to the girl that answered and she told me it would take 3 weeks.  Why I believed that story after what I went through last year is beyond me.  All I want is my $250 and now 3 1/2 weeks later, I have heard nothing and there is no credit in my account.  First of all, why does anyone have to hound somebody what is owed to them? I refuse to go through what I want last year..... Sounds like if the consumer doesn't remember that they are owed a deposit, they won't get it back.  BAD BUSINESS!!!

I'm wanting to know what my next step is.  When do I get my desposit back?  I have faithfully made my payments on time and if there is anything showing late in the beginning, that would be on your end, because I was owed $250 and at that point, you should research my file. 

Signed,

NOT SO HAPPY Customer

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello emailstacyt

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

We did not hear back from you on the private support case. Please let us know if you require any further assistance on this matter. We're available around the clock to assist.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes
Overaclover

So has anyone ever actually gotten their deposit back? I would certainly enjoy getting my 250.00 back without having to do the Customer Service shuffle. I was transferred no less than 12 times when I called this morning and Iam beyond frustrated.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Overaclover

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes