How to reload Visa prepaid card
dianeb1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Visa prepaid card shipped to me a few months ago.  Since then, I've earned more points and want to reload it. It told me when I received it that they would charge me $$ if I requested a new one.  How can I reload it without requesting a new one?  When I add it to my cart and check out, it gives me shipping information.  I don't need a new card. 

Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to reload Visa prepaid card
Kestrel3
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, this is just a bad design and poor customer service.

It is possible to reload a prepaid Verizon Rewards Visa card.  Double click on the VISA rewards card, select the amount you want to add, and add to cart.  When you check out, it tells you basically that you are ordering a new card, but eventually it will load to your existing card and they don't send you a new one.

However, I just tried adding additional credit using the same method and it gave me a warning about them not being able to issue additional cards, and the credit was not added to my cart, so I could not check out and reload the card.  I think it is because the card still has some money left on it.

It would be great if someone from Verizon could clear up these issues, and better yet, fix the website so that it has an accurate and clear method to refill the card.

View solution in original post

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some cards do not have the amount on the card.  Its looked up on the card provider's s;system.   Acting more like a debit card then a Prepad Stored Value card.

0 Likes
pmandclc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue.  I have another $25 in reward points I want to add to my card, but there is no option to do so at checkout.  I definitely don't want to pay a lousy fee to receive a separate card in the mail.   

0 Likes
dianeb1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Um...thank you TNS_2, but this is not our issue.  I know the balance of my card.  I want to redeem $25 more worth of Rewards Points, but the system won't let me.  I don't want to pay a fee to get a new card.  I want the amount redeemed added to my current card.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure what is wrong for you (or perhaps for everyone now), but I have added additional money in the past.

I am not sure if I have enough points at the moment but have run into another reported bug when I tried to test it .  Getting the message "

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page

"

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus
0 Likes
pmandclc
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is not the problem.  We are not getting error messages or technical difficulties of any kind.  We just want to know how to reload the card.   For me, I'm trying to add 2500 rewards points to my existing card.  The website allows me to "check out" but instead of there being an option to reload the card, the page shows my home address like another card is being mailed.   I don't want another card mailed to me.  I just want to add the money to my existing card.  So how do we go about that?  Thanks.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

That reply was for TNS_2 🙂

0 Likes
pmandclc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any idea on how to reload the visa prepaid card, Elizabeth?  

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, moderators work only with the forum itself and do not have access to that type of information.

0 Likes