Re: Looks like everyone here agrees Verizon Customer Service sucks - add me to the list...
mdekker
Enthusiast - Level 2

+1 

I agree.  Verizon customer service is terrible.  I have no complaints about individual representatives that I have dealt with. They have been very polite and personable.  The problem is results.  I am paying top dollar for 4 lines of service, and I feel like no matter how polite I am, or how much money I am willing to fork over, there is never a solution to my problem.  I think I will take my business elsewhere.  ATT has corporate discounts at my new job.  I will definitely perform an early termination on all 4 lines.  I am very dissatisfied.  

Re: Looks like everyone here agrees Verizon Customer Service sucks - add me to the list...
mdekker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon needs to revamp their system.  I would assume the most expensive provider would have decent customer service. I am wrong.  Id rather be back with metro pcs..... they had decent results from a csr standpoint, and they were about half the cost.  Maybe Tmobile is better.... anyone with first hand experience please let me know.

0 Likes
Blackstar0114
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  They suck.  I work overnights and their video on demand is constantly being "upgraded" and I'm not able to access it the entire night (which is my day).  The only explanation is that they is normally when their customers are asleep  and there is nothing they can do.  I would not mind it it happened once in  a while, but it seems like each week the VOD is down and I'm not able to access something that I am paying for. 

I waited on the phone for 30 minutes to speak with a supervisor, then tried calling back and was put on hold for another hour without being able to speak a supervisor. The moral of the story here is if you actally want to speak with someone, please go to another company because they don't care or want to speak with their customers. 

Baddpinoy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bad Service, everything from customer sevice to technical and even your Engineers! im canceling all my major accounts@!

1. technician went through my backyard and drove his truck and ruined my backyard without permission.

2. one technician never followed through his work and never finished the job

3. one technician never finished a job to connect one of my houses to the box from the street after my house was built and that was a year ago.

4. everytime i call customer service im on hold up to a minimum of 1 hr at a time, and they never have the right answers for me.

I HOPE EVRYONE SEES THIS!!!

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Baddpinoy

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have not heard back from you on this issue. If you have any other questions please open a new thread.

Josh B

0 Likes
smokey81
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would rather cut my pinky toe off then call them.

I wouldn't complain here if I were you. It's better on this site
peteandpete1

This one:

freespeech(dot)uservoice(dot)com

0 Likes
NotUseful
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ah, the joys of dealing with Verizon.  I was working for a small company called Contel that GTE (one of Verizon's predecessor companies) took over and destroyed while making their stock look better.  One of our VPs was assigned to determine which customer service system would be used after the merger, the GTE one or the Contel one.  In the Contel system, when you called customer service, the first person you reached would fix your problem.  Others might be called in, but you never lost the first representative.  Problems were almost always fixed immediately.  In the GTE system, the average caller was transferred twenty-seven times before reaching someone who could actually do anything for them!  Guess which system was adopted?

A year ago my mother, who was 95 years old at the time, was called by a Verizon sales rep who talked her into "upgrading" her fios service, which actually meant she would pay $49 more a month than she already did (she was paying $100 per month for phone/TV/internet).  Her mind was deteriorating, and she didn't really understand what was being said, but Verizon, good folks that they are, cheerfully ate up another $49 of her fixed monthly income that should have been used for groceries.  I tried to get the service rescinded, but no, there was a contract!  Can you believe that?  A phone call, and there is a contract?  In my day, if you did not have something in writing, you didn't have a contract.    I finally gave up and began supplementing her income with my own hard-earned dollars.

A year later...  My mom, now 96, has been moved to a dementia treatment center, where she will live out her remaining days.  In July I called Verizon to cancel her services.  I had just finished cancelling her power, gas, water, and sewer services, as well as moving everything out of her apartment and cancelling the lease.  Verizon put me on hold for over thirty minutes and I never did reach a service rep.  I called back a couple of more times and gave up.  I went on line, with my mom's account, and finally reached a service rep via Chat.  The service rep told me that she could change the service, add services, and cancel services, but could not cancel the entire service.  I would need to call the 888 number to do that. I told her that the service was officially cancelled, effective immediately, and she should find someone who could take that info and deal with it.  She disconnected.  I wrote a letter to their customer service department, letting them know the situation, and repeated my statement that the service was cancelled.

One month later I received a bill for the next month's service.  I tried calling again, got nowhere.  I refuse to sit around and wait for over thirty minutes for a poorly run, understaffed organization to decide to talk to me at their convenience.  By now, of course, all of their equipment was returned, the service was disconnected physically, and the apartment was up for rent.  Went to the Verizon web site, logged in as my mom, and found an address where I could send another letter.  I went to my mom's bank and discontinued the auto pay to Verizon.  I wrote to them, told them they would not be getting any more free rides out of a poor old lady whose remaining funds went to the dementia treatment facility to pay for her care.

I continue to receive bills (my mom's mail is forwarded to me) from these folks, and they now claim she owes over five hundred dollars for services she neither received nor could use, since she has been gone from her apartment for the past three plus months.  I tear them up and throw them in the garbage, where they belong.

Bottom line:  Be careful who you deal with.  This company is non-responsive and basically incompetent when it comes to supporting customer service problems.  Personally, I have cellular service from a reliable firm that has online reps who answer your calls immediately (and American reps at that!), and my TV/internet comes from a reliable cable company who has always be easy to reach and work with.

Just thought you would like to know, you are not alone with CSR problems.  After GTE was taken over by Bell Atlantic, their already poor customer service disappeared down the tubes.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello NotUseful

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.