Re: Looks like everyone here agrees Verizon Customer Service sucks - add me to the list...
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

NotUseful,

We have tried multiple times to obtain your contact information so that we can assist you with the complications on the account. However as you have not replied we are now closing your Private Support Case. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to make a new post and we will assist you in every way that we can.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
Re: Looks like everyone here agrees Verizon Customer Service sucks - add me to the list...
Wizard_of_Oz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm right there with you!

0 Likes
MCarlson1

Yep I agree.  I sat on hold today for over a half hour waiting until I got so fed up I hung up the phone.  I have had multiple issues with the programming guide and what is actually displayed not matching over the past few months.  I am paying roughly $200 per month for my horrible FIOS service that I may actually switch to Cox or Infinity.  I AM going to call back on monday to try to get someone on the phone to find out WHY i constantly have these issues.  When attempting to get tech support to fix the problems that Verizon themselves create you are put on hold for lengthy period of time and watch the clock tick by as a show you plan to watch ends.  HORRIBLE HORRIBLE service!!!  I am at my wits end with Verizon!

0 Likes
MCarlson1

I hope that you try to contact me, I would love to explain the issues I am having with your subpar at best, service!  Otherwise see ya, I'm headed for another provider and WILL post all over facebook, twitter, etc. as well as email all 18k plus employees at work how horrible and expensive verizon has been.  I don't mind paying for good service however, since becoming a verizon customer three to four years ago, I have not felt that I got what I paid for!

0 Likes
Re: ... everyone asgrees Verizon sucks - No One Has Tried To Resolve The Issues
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

I just read this thread all the way through from front to back, and frankly it was a waste of time.  None of the folks spending time complaining have used the channels available to contact support and resolve their issues.  If people are serious about getting things fixed, they must understand that they should follow the clearly defined routes available.

mud_man

I notice that my company discount is not on my January bill.  So I call Verizon.

They claim that they notified me that I needed to verify my account and that the easiest way was to use a company email address.  I explain to them that this is probably not going to work, because our company name is not in the domain name of the work email addresses.  I try anyway and it fails.  They try and it fails.  They say it will take a week to verify using a pay stub.

I then decide to go the local Verizon wireless store, with my bills showing the discount and a pay stub with pay infomation crossed out.  They eventually verify me and I ask for the January discount.  The manager says he can't do that.  I ask to see where they notified me.

Her comes the best part, he goes back and prints out a Version Wireless Quick Bill summary, which low and behold does have some cryptic message on the front page.

I brought two months of the bills I get from Verizon in the mail (I will never allow them to not send me a physical bill).  There is no notice on my bills.  Why? Because I signed up for one-bill.  So the bill summary I never see has some cryptic message about me having to verify my employment, but the bill I get in the mail does not.

On the way home I call Verizon on the phone to get to a live person.  They see the discount is verified.  I say, "Here is the bottom line, refund the January discount ($13.50) or lose me as a customer.  No discussion."  Within minutes they credit my account for $15.

So why couldn't the manager of the store just credit me the money?
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes
hyllarious

I just had a horrible experience with Verizon customer service.

Last month I called in to cancel part of my services and than a couple weeks later have the rest canceled.  The helpful and friendly service agent explained to me that that was a complicated request.  He said it would be easier to leave the services on and have then have them back dated to the 8th of the month.  I was like "Cool, Mr. Verizon dude, thats very helpful".  Well, guess what.  I got a bill the following month.  The bill was dated for services starting the 19th of the previous month and going to the 18th of the following month.  I suspected I did not need to pay this and was concerned.  I called in and the agent who first picked up said, "Oh, you are right, your services are still on and there is a note here that they should have been turned off".  She then put me on hold for about 10 minutes.  A new agent picked up and he had me explain my situation all over again.  He then proceeded to tell me that the services where canceled on the 31st of the month.  I was like, whattt?????  I thought it was getting back dated to the 8th.  He than said that I said at the beginning of that call that I wanted to keep part of the service to the end of the month.  I did not disagree.  As I explained, that was my original request but the agent said he was going to help me out and back date it to the 8th rather than me cancel in two different time frames.  I did not ask for that, but I accepted it and counted on it.  Now it is being thrown in my face by a customer service agent. That I said something different so that is how it is. I then stated "even so, this bill is for services that should not be on."  He said that will be reflected in the final bill.  I asked him do I need to pay this bill then and he said your final bill will have the final details.  Again I asked, do I need to pay this bill?  This went on in a continuous loop for the next 2 minutes.  That is a long time when you are on the phone with a {please keep your posts courteous}.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and he changed the topic back to saying "Thats not what you said at the begging of the call" .  At this point I was done talking  and hung up.

I left Verizon because I moved out of their coverage area, I am now stuck with a service I do not prefer.  However, after this experience, I will gladly keep my current sub par service over Verizon any day.  I would now like to start a slow clap for Verizon.

/Clap   /Clap   /Clap

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hyllarious,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

We do apologize that we were not able to get a hold of you. We are closing the case and if you need further assistance, please come back.  Have a good night!

Thank you,

Bert

0 Likes