Misdirection with billing for monthly service
15percentwool

Hi all,

So, 2 months ago, I had decided to move across town to a new apartment. Mid-September, I called in to my local Verizon store to see if I can return my equipment AND cancel my service, he said I could and I arrived at the store not 10 minutes after that to do so. I arrived, recognized his voice, said I was the one who called in to return my equipment and cancel my service. I gave him my equipment, and I asked if everything was going to be taken care of for cancelling and if there was nothing else to do. He said, "Yeah, that's it." and I left.

Then, I got billed for another month of service a month after that. I had been busy and was struggling to make ends meet so I delayed seeing what I could do to look into how I could reverse this billing. My new day time job hasn't allowed much time inbetween to be able to call in, but I finally had time today to OFFICIALLY cancel it.

When I did, the gentleman was able to set it up to cancel tonight. He recognized I had returned my equipment months prior to this [which makes even the latest bill wrong anyway, because the price includes the montly 'rental' fee for the router which I wouldn't have had anyway].

He asked if I had any further questions, and I explained the above situation, and how the store employee validated that my service would be cancelled, and if there's a number I could call for billing and accounting to relinquish the bill. He said he also handles that department, but that there was nothing I could do and I wouldn't be allowed store credit for the price of the bill. I doubled down and restated that the employee had gave me the okay that it would be cancelled, but he said there was nothing he could do and that all services had to be cancelled on the phone.

I'm sorry, but that's completely absurd. And at that, I don't want store credit. I shouldn't have to pay a bill for which I had been promised that would be cancelled. In fact, I refuse to, and I would really prefer this false delinquent bill to not hit my credit rating.

I really don't know what else to do beyond post here and get recognition from someone who can actually do something about this.

0 Likes
Re: Misdirection with billing for monthly service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi 15percentwool,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes