Moving, Canceling account. What must be returned?
kemo461
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am moving to an area that Verizon does not cover. My contract is up so there are no early termination fees. I have Verizon Fios TV and Internet. My question is, I want to return the boxes to a Verizon store, what do they require to be returned other than the Receivers? Do they want the Modem, old cables? When I started this service, they sent me component cables, I bought and switched to HDMI. Will they require the old cables and the modem back?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving, Canceling account. What must be returned?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi, Currently they don't care about the cables or even the remotes for the most part.  The Cable Boxes themselves must be returned, they DO want the detachable power cables, and they want the modem/router

The ONT and the BBU (the main FiOS boxes) will stay at your house, in case one day you want to turn service back on, or the next tenant at your address wants FiOS service.     

So bring in the cable boxes and the modem's/router 

You don't have to bring it to a store, you can drop them off at any UPS and they will return the equipment free of charge.

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi, Currently they don't care about the cables or even the remotes for the most part.  The Cable Boxes themselves must be returned, they DO want the detachable power cables, and they want the modem/router

The ONT and the BBU (the main FiOS boxes) will stay at your house, in case one day you want to turn service back on, or the next tenant at your address wants FiOS service.     

You don't have to bring it to a store, you can drop them off at any UPS and they will return the equipment free of charge.

kemo461
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your answer, that is what I needed to know. The main reason I want to take to the store is to get a receipt of return. There are nightmare stories about Verizon saying something was not returned and charging the client or hassling them years after the service was disconnected.

prisaz
Legend

@kemo46 wrote:

Thank you for your answer, that is what I needed to know. The main reason I want to take to the store is to get a receipt of return. There are nightmare stories about Verizon saying something was not returned and charging the client or hassling them years after the service was disconnected.

I agree. I would rather have a piece of paper in my hand. Also the store enters it into the system that it was returned. One note is that if the account is closed before you take the equipment in, they may have issues accessing the account..

0 Likes
RBinDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

What if I don't want the boxes installed in/on my house?  

0 Likes