Moving vitiates loyalty credits and retention discounts??
icege97
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted Verizon because I am going to be moving to a larger apartment in my complex next month.  I was told that I was eligible for a triple play package offered to people moving to a new location.  However, after accepting the offer, I was told at the end of the phone call that I would no longer receive a free year of HBO and $10 loyalty credit.

I explained to the representative that the reason that I received this credit is because of the horrendous issues I dealt with regarding Verizon's Autopay feature.  For a period of four months, autopay wouldn't work at all, or I was being double debited.  I called multiple times every month for 4 months trying to fix the issue, and when it was finally resolved, the rep offered me for my trouble the free year of HBO and a $10/month credit specifically so that I could upgrade to the gateway router free for the first year.

I was told by the rep that because I am moving, I no longer keep my account number, and when a new account is created, all of the credits/discounts that were applied to the old account are not transferred.  I only received the credit and HBO three months ago.  Just because I am moving less than 200 yards from my current location, Verizon finds it appropriate to remove the items that were given to me because of the issues THEY created.  I tried contacting verizon support through live chat, but was given the same answer.  I have been a customer of Verizon for nearly 10 years, and I find Verizon's moving policy ridiculous and downright despicable.  

Re: Moving vitiates loyalty credits and retention discounts??
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi icege97,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
icege97
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Lawrence.  I look forward to speaking with them in hopes of resolving this issue.

0 Likes
icege97
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lawrence, I am still waiting to hear from an agent.  It has been almost a week already and I haven't heard anything. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for that information. We will send them a note.

0 Likes
icege97
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you don't mind, can you have them contact me via email or private message instead of the billing telephone number?  Thank you.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

We do not have control over that, but they normally make contact by email.

0 Likes