NBA Package Auto Renewal- A Scam
val1981

We signed up for the NBA package last year without realizing it was going to automatically renew this year and there would be no way out of it. We also got no warning that it was going to be on our bill last month. All of a sudden our bill is $100 higher and we hadn't known that was coming. And now it's another $100 we have to shell out this month for a service we don't even want!

When we saw the charge and called customer service they really didn't care, just said there was nothing they could do and were nonchalant about the fact that $200 of my money is being flushed down the tubes. I know the service reps are simply doing what their job states but the managers don't have to be nasty about it and not find a way to work with you. We DO NOT want this service. It is simply a few buttons on their end that can be pressed to stop that channel from coming to our box.

We are canceling with Verizon when our contract in up in January because this is an outrageous way to treat people- the package renewal was a scam, we don't want it and after spending over an hour on the phone about it, this company is not worth our time.

0 Likes
Re: NBA Package Auto Renewal- A Scam
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
skipper04

We were also charged auto renewals. 

they said they sent me an email stating that it would auto renew. I asked for the date of the email and they could not give it to me. I searched my emails and never recieved.

They billed us for NBA league pass annual renwal for $199 and NFL RedZone Annual Renwal $69.99. Ontop of this we are still waiting for a credit for a phone that did not work for 6 months. But they would be more than happy to disconnect our service if we refuse to pay. 

Seeing that it is only $180 to cancel our contract the competition is starting to look much better. Very dishonest practice. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi skipper04,

Sorry you are also having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
skipper04
No private messages or emails thus far
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

It can take two business days.

0 Likes
skipper04

Still no response. 

Now I have a notice of possible interruption to my service. 

I am owed for two auto renewals and over 6 months of credit for our home phone not working. Those credits more than take care of the current balance. I paid on a service that did not work for months. Enough is enough. I will not pay this balance for service I did not receive or auto renewals that I did not authorize.

If you disconnect my service i will go elsewhere.

0 Likes