Never received $300 visa gift card as advertised
Jschop38
Enthusiast - Level 3
I signed up for the triple play at 69.99 with a 2 year contract which included a $300 visa gift card (without a contract the gift card was not offered). The promotion ended the end of July 2013. I called today thinking it's been 60 days and I've paid on time so I called and spoke to Colby who informed me that it did not show a $300 visa gift card on my account. This is ridiculous. I checked the $69.99 price and the $300 visa gift card offer several times in disbelief. I was actually on the fence about switching from Comcast until I verified the deal ( I signed up online). I told Colby to have his manager call me but I shouldn't hVe to go through all of this for something that is due to me through my promotion I signed up for otherwise I wouldn't have switched to verizon.
Re: Never received $300 visa gift card as advertised
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for the trouble this has caused you, Jschop38. But unfortunately our billing department has determined you are not eligible for the gift card. We will be closing your private support case at this time.

Best,

Art

0 Likes
vipera5

Good luck!

I am in the same boat as you. Verizon keeps stating that we only quailfy for one or the other, not both.

I have tried to talk to managers / different support reps, but they keep saying the same thing. They will not give you the discounted rate and the gift card.

There was nothing online, or in the mail flyers, that supports this statement.

Hopefully you can get both. It doesn't look like I will be able to!

0 Likes
Jschop38
Enthusiast - Level 3
This issue was never resolved and do not accept Verizon's attempt to silence those they do wrong. First they told me I was ineligible for the visa gift card then told I didn't choose the gift card, that I chose the $35 monthly credit for 2 years instead. Verizon doesn't know what's going on except that they have their heads stuck their **bleep** without giving a **bleep** about their customer. **bleep** verizon I'll be switching as soon as my contract is up and won't be recommending anyone.
0 Likes
Jschop38
Enthusiast - Level 3
They are holding firm to the you can't have the discount and gift card but there was nothing that stated that on the offer I signed up for only that without a contract I would not get the gift card. Even if there is a glitch these **bleep** will never admit it.
0 Likes
Re: Never received visa gift card as advertised
Mekdog123
I was wooed back to verizon fios from comcast in March, at that time I was offered a Visa gift card, I have not heard anything about the gift card since. Any idea who I should contact? I have to say I am not surprised that this happened the entire transition back was a nightmare, but Fios does need to live up to it's end if the bargain.
0 Likes
Re: Never received visa gift card as advertised
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mekdog123,

Your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
fab1us

Signed up on 06/28/2013, got a notice saying $300 being mailed on or after 11/03/2013 still waiting for it? please advise, checked to confirm right plan after reading the message (Check) yes

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please contact Verizon again and see if they can trace it. Then let us know how you make out.

0 Likes