Never received $300 visa prepaid card
Consumer672
Enthusiast - Level 2
I signed up for Verizon in January, all bills are up to date; paid on time and in full. It's now June going into July, and I still haven't receive the $300 visa prepaid card that was advertised as part of my package deal. When I went from optimum to Verizon, there representative warned me this would happen and it is true. Whenever I contact Verizon they just keep saying it was mailed, and mailed via priority mail. But conveniently there is no tracking number for this imaginary mail that they supposedly sent.
0 Likes
Re: Never received $300 visa prepaid card
mik409v

The same thing happened to me. I was promised a $300 gift card for signing up for the Triple Play with a 2 year contract. I never received the card, and when I called to inquire about it Verizon said I didn't qualify for it because they had given me a discount on a DVR. The sales person told me I could have the gift card and the discount. I was also promised a gift card for doing the installation myself. I never got that either.  I should have made sure to get it all in writing before I signed up for the 2 years.  

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Consumer672

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mik490v

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Alrighty, we've closed your case for you, Consumer672. You should receive your re-issued giftcard within 5-7 business days. If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us here.

Thank you for your time,

Art

0 Likes
rickjulie

This has become a very long and drawn out situation. I renewed and committed to a new two year contract with Verzion. We have been long time LOYAL customers and I am REALLY frustrated at the response I have gotten. In March when I renewed I was told by the end of June I would have a $300 rewards card as long as the bill was paid and cable was never turned off. Guess what bill has always been paid and service never turned off. When I signed up for the addtional 2 years I also informed Cindy that my husband was out of work and that I was the only one working that the payments would be made maybe just a day or so past but never to where service would be turned off. I am really upset because in April that did happen because I had to wait until my check went in to pay Verizon. I called AND spoke to Cynthia who assured me everything was fine! Then the end of May I went online to check status and it says we are no longer elgible. I am super upset because I have done everything right down to believing the rep assuring me all was well. Now this brings me to today. I have been told by customer service that because of that the card dept basically cancelled the card and I am out of the system end of story. I don't think so. This is not right. We ALWAYS pay, I even called in to say what was going on because I wanted to make sure that I got this card. WHY wasn't I notified of all the rules of this horrible little game. Verizon is getting people to renew and waves this $300 card around then when you mess up on the game you were never given to rules to me as the customer loses out. 

How can this get fixed? We pay all our bills every month. Is it a perfect situation no but we NEVER lose service. PLEASE SOMEONE NEEDS TO HELP ME ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rickjulie,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Consumer672
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issue was never resolved as suggested above, if it was I would have been provided with a tracking number. Rather, I was just instead linked to the promotions dept which I was already in contact with and who told me the same thing, that its on its way and under no circumstances can they provide a tracking number. I am at the same place where I started. It should not take over 7 months to get a card and a tracking number should be the standard

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

mik409v,

We haven't heard back from you regarding your issue and we are closing your case due to no response. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Thank you,

-Rachel

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us Rickjulie. If you have any future concerns, please let us know.

-Ben

0 Likes