new website
topolino1

After at least 7 years with Verizon they now tell me their website doesn't work well with Firefox, and that I should use Internet Explorer. Really?? I have a Mac. There is no Internet Explorer. This is ridiculous. It just took me an hour to pay a bill and Verizon is insisting on my using a User ID that I never set up - it's my daughter's User ID for her old Verizon account, which they re-assigned to me when they did this merge. And they're telling me there is no way to change a User ID. Seems like Verizon is going backward instead of forward.

0 Likes
Re: new website
Justin46
Legend

Since you do not specifically describe the problems you are experiencing (what kind of problems when paying the bill? Error messages, hangs, forced logoffs, what?) I doubt that anyone here can provide much help. But I can say that the info you have been given about the Verizon website not working well with Firefox is totally incorrect. Over the 5+ years I I have had Verizon Internet and TV service I have had more problems with the website with IE than Firefox. I use Firefox exclusively with the Verizon webisite, have for years, no problems. Now I do use it with Windows, not a Mac, but I don't think that would make much if any difference.

As to using an id you never set up, etc, I have no clue what you are talking about. I created an account when I first got the service and have been paying my bill through the Verizon website for 3+ years (using Firefox), never a single problem that I can remember.

Wish I could help, but I don't know how to. But don't let them beat you down. Good luck!

Keller, TX 76248

Re: new website
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I use a Mac .. and while at times I have issues with various websites, in the case of Verizon's websites I've found that Firefox always works (and usually so does Safari).