NOT WORTH IT BEING A RETURNING CUSTOMER!!!!
kazp77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been with Verizon for almost 4 years now and I just moved to a new place where the previous owner had direct tv installed. I had offers from Direct TV and Time Warner Cable and decided to just do transfer service with Fios. I ordered online since the offers are way cheaper than what the sales reps currently offers. We were in the process of moving in when I sheduled the fios installation. The installer came and told me that he cannot use the old lines from direct tv and did tell me that a charge may incur for outlet installations so i told him that I do not have money to pay for it since we have moving costs. The installer assured me that I do not have to pay him that I can just call the office when I get monthly bill and they can waive those charges for me since I am a "returning customer". He came saturday so I called on monday to discuss what I learned from the installer and the customer service told me that the bill is not in the system yet and she cannot help me yet on the matter.

I saw the bill today and there it is... installation charge of  $54.99 for each outlet and a total of $219!!!! 

The previous house I lived in did not have outlets installed too since the landlord had the house re-tiled and cut off the lines. The tech guy installed 3 outlets but I was not billed of any "installation charges". The difference is I spoke with a sales rep before and this time is an online order.

So I called today and asked them waive the charges since I am a  returning customer. I do not have extra money laying around to pay off the "installation charge". As a returning customer I expected to be treated with  consideration. I could have opted for time warner or something else but I stayed with Fios although I was already questioning how expensive my rates went up after my 2-year contract, not to mention the additional taxes being imposed. I GUESS I AM AN IDIOT TO GIVE VERIZON ANOTHER CHANCE!!

The customer service DIANE and the "SUPERVISOR" KIM will not even hear me out!!  They both told me that I should have just cancelled my order and sent the installation guy home if I do not want to pay anything. I have explained to them that I was given assurance by the tech guy that i can get my charges waived. How am I supposed to know that he does not know well about his company when he is a verizon employee too!  I asked for the manager and put me on hold and will not pass me on. Kim (supervisor) told me no one can help me and I can just cancel the service and still pay for the installation charges!!!

0 Likes
Re: NOT WORTH IT BEING A RETURNING CUSTOMER!!!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kazp77,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: NOT WORTH IT BEING A RETURNING CUSTOMER!!!!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning. Sorry we didn't hear from you. If there is anything else we can help with, please post it in the Verizon Forums. Thank you.

Sharon  Vz

0 Likes