Overcharged on Service since May 2011 (or sooner) and CS Reps Keep Lying About Fixing It
darkprime
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've got two major problems with my billing.  Last year, I turned in a Standard Def box for an HD box.  Verizon received the SD box, but never took it off my account.  Earlier in the year I called Customer Service, and after several times going back and forth, they confirmed in the warehouse that they did received the SD box from me.  However, to this day, I'm still being charged for that SD box every month.  Funny thing is, they even noted my account with this, yet I still get charged.  A couple weeks ago I was issued credits for overpayment for several months, but we'll see if it's fixed finally.

The bigger problem is with my services.  In April I called CS to discuss changing my plan.  I was told that my package was no longer offered, but if I upgraded to the Ultimate FIOS HD and Ulitmate FIOS Internet plans, I would get a lot more channels and far more bandwidth for roughly $5 more a month than I was paying at the time, so long as I signed up for a 2 year commitment.  I thought it was too good to be true, so I had the CS Rep email saying how much my bill will go up.  Unfortuantely, my bill  went up way more than I was quoted.  After awhile, Verizon got me connected with that original CS rep who admitted she had details wrong and had misquoted me.  This representative said she would manually adjust my bill by $19.09 each month for the next 12 or 24 months.  Initially she did adjust it, but then the strike happened.  When that took place, she missed a couple billing cycles and when she came back to work, her calendar with reminders to do this was erased (so I'm told).  For the past month I have been calling Verizon trying to get this fixed.  I've spoken to 4 different reps who all said they would take care of this.  2 of them said they would be calling me back to discuss how they would fix it, but never did.  To this date, the problem still hasn't been fixed and I still have 3 months worth of charges that are $19.09 a month too high. 

This is horrible customer service.  I've been lied to over and over again.   At least I have emails from a rep to back up my story.  I've been a customer with their FIOS service since the day it was offered in my community and gotten many neighbors to give it a try.  I love FIOS, but the service is horrendous and the customer service reps keep lying and lying (well maybe not quite lying, but they don't do what they tell me they will do).   I've been told that I have a 2 year commitment with a large ETF.  I don't see how I can be held to a 2 year deal if they haven't been giving me the deal I was supposed to have; as far as I'm concerned, the deal is null and void because I didn't what they promised me I would get (certain services at a certain price).  I'm very disappointed and angry with how a good, loyal customer has been treated so badly this year.  I would love it if someone at Verizon would at least try to correct the problem so that I can return to being a happy customer convincing more of my neighbors to give them a try over Comcast.

Re: Overcharged on Service since May 2011 (or sooner) and CS Reps Keep Lying About Fixing It
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've moved your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.
Thank you for your participation in the Verizon Forums!

KaLin

Re: Overcharged on Service since May 2011 (or sooner) and CS Reps Keep Lying About Fixing It
darkprime
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!  Hopefully someone who can and is willing to help will.