payment lost
andrea841

hey guy i pay 100dollars bill by credit card and the money never was acredit to my account a get the confirmation number and everything a suppose to get after you maker apayment is no firt time so the thing is claim my money they give like millions the excuse ask my for paper and went a send the paper they ask for more they stolen my money so if you have to make a payment online beware with verizon,oooh by the way **bleep** verizon 

0 Likes
Re: payment lost
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the payment problem. I have sent a private message to get more information from you regarding this.

0 Likes
TranquilNJ

We pay our Verizon FiOS bill by US Mail, and this is the second month that we have had a serious problem with the payment being processed in a timely fashion. In November, we mailed payment on the 17th for the 19th, and the money was only withdrawn from our account on Nov. 26th! I had spoken to a Verizon CSR before then to report the problem, so we were given adequate time to see if the check that we had mailed would in fact be processed and clear our account. This month, December, we mailed the payment on the 18th for the 20th, and as of today (Dec. 29), no one at Verizon has been able to locate the check we sent, and the money remains in my checking account. My intention now is to find a public payment center where I can make my payment in person and be handed a receipt as proof of payment, before my payment extension time expires on January 5th. In fairness to the Verizon CSRs that I have spoken to, they have been more than helpful, and they know there is a real problem developing in the electronic processing of payments.They will even admit to it in a low-key but reassuringl way. I am completely puzzled by this situation, and I wonder if there is some kind international hacking going on that Verizon is not allowed to discuss publically. I will certainly never agree to pay my FiOS bill by phone or online, as I see ample record of miscarriages there as well. It's only a short time before these kinds of problems will begin to harm the Verizon FiOS brand - I know how it can happen, as I work in marketing communications.

0 Likes
TranquilNJ

Just to add to the previous message, briefly: While most of the Verizon CSRs are helpful, and some will admit Verizon has had a problem processing payments, you will of course also encounter the company-trained individual who keeps attempting to suggest that the problem is not Verizon's poor handling of your payment, but rather that you have chosen not to make your payment on time. This is particularly galling when you've just explained to them that you are about to incur a $25.00 fee to cancel the check that you had sent to Verizon more than ten days before. It's that lovable "we treat you like a Kindergartner" approach to customer relations and should be "rethought." I will be making my payments in person from now on at a payment center where I will be sure to get an instant receipt for payment, and then check with Verizon to make sure that the payment has registered on their end. If anything goes awry from there, we're done with Verizon.

0 Likes
TranquilNJ

OK - one more addendum - I just checked on my Verizon FiOS account online, and my payment check was  received yesterday - the very day I had to cancel the check and pay a $25.00 fee to do so - roughly 14 days after the payment envelope was sent via US Mail. Yes, I will be making a payments in person and from now on - something is seriously wrong with Verizon's electronic accounting system for FiOS payments.

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@TranquilNJ wrote:

We pay our Verizon FiOS bill by US Mail, and this is the second month that we have had a serious problem with the payment being processed in a timely fashion. In November, we mailed payment on the 17th for the 19th, and the money was only withdrawn from our account on Nov. 26th! I had spoken to a Verizon CSR before then to report the problem, so we were given adequate time to see if the check that we had mailed would in fact be processed and clear our account. This month, December, we mailed the payment on the 18th for the 20th, and as of today (Dec. 29), no one at Verizon has been able to locate the check we sent, and the money remains in my checking account. My intention now is to find a public payment center where I can make my payment in person and be handed a receipt as proof of payment, before my payment extension time expires on January 5th. In fairness to the Verizon CSRs that I have spoken to, they have been more than helpful, and they know there is a real problem developing in the electronic processing of payments.They will even admit to it in a low-key but reassuringl way. I am completely puzzled by this situation, and I wonder if there is some kind international hacking going on that Verizon is not allowed to discuss publically. I will certainly never agree to pay my FiOS bill by phone or online, as I see ample record of miscarriages there as well. It's only a short time before these kinds of problems will begin to harm the Verizon FiOS brand - I know how it can happen, as I work in marketing communications.

Sorry to hear of your payment issues...

A couple of things:

1) When you send anything via U.S. mail, you have to factor in the variation in delivery/arrival times all across the country operationally and likely delays especially during the holidays.  The USPS website even states that USPS does NOT guarantee delivery of standard mail and estimated delivery time is between 2 and 9 days.  

When you sent mail on Nov 17th (which is a Sat), this might not get picked up until Monday (Nov 19th).  2 days would have been the fastest turn-around time (if that was possible in the mail system and depending on your origination and destination cities) which would put you to the 21st (Wed). You do know that Nov 22nd was Thanksgiving day and Nov 23rd was Black Friday, which are non-working government days. Nov. 26th (Monday) is the next business day!

Now as far as your December payment goes, Dec. 18th is a Tuesday and the Tuesday following that is Christmas day, which makes the week prior to Christmas the busiest week of the year for mail deliveries.  I wouldn't bat an eyelash if your payment was not received yet on Dec 29th (Saturday).

2) These are the other payment options besides sending a check by mail, and these are usually quicker:

-- online by logging onto the verizon.com website

-- in person at a local Verizon FiOS store -- payment will be posted to your account within the hour, no fee

For a list of Verizon FiOS stores in your area:

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/8...

-- in person at a Verizon authorized payment location - payment will be posted to your account within 3 business days after the date of payment, no fee

For a list of Verizon authorized payment locations: http://www22.verizon.com/content/paymentlocations

-- over the phone - (automated system) -- there is a $3.50 charge

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
TranquilNJ

Hello, 22Becca22:

I appreciate the caveats about the USPS system, except that we have been mailing our FiOS payments in the same manner, including on Saturdays, for the previous three years, and we NEVER experienced these kinds of delays and confusion. I would be VERY surprised if a bill payment to Verizon, mailed from one location in NJ to another location in NJ, took more than two days to be delivered. Besides, as I indicated, several sympathetic Verizon CSRs did in fact let on to me that the payment-posting problem was a Verizon problem, which had developed (apparently) in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

I will be paying the FiOS bill (and receiving an instant payment receipt) at least two days before the due date at an approved Verizon bill-payment center for the forseeable future.

Best,

TranquilNJ

0 Likes
ktopolski

I paid my bill and was told that it was my fault that the bank never got it through the computer system. I have 5 different confirmations that I paid, including confirmation numbers. The bank verified that there was enough money in my account to cover this bill three times. This is Verizon's screw up and then I was forced to pay this amt again and they rest of the bill amt rose higher just like this initial payment.

Then I got about 5 reps that had no clue as to what to do and just kept quoting me boogus new accounts until one rep seemed legit and gave me a low quote that arrived in the mail and told me to call him if there were any problems. I left him vm in his mailbox twice - {edited for privacy} - disgusting. Then the next bill came with a debit and credit and yet I was told I didn't pay. Your people don't even know what a debit and credit is (shows that bill was paid.

I am in the process of getting another company . Was even told by the bank that it should have gone through and had the right numbers. Also tell me, I know the debit and bank account numbers are saved in the system. How does the bank and myself see them so I can verify? I asked to get this info from Verizon and was told the company doesn't have supervisors or anyone that is in charge of computer payment (love your saying, "don't get a headache, use our on-line payment.

I had some terrific jobs, and if we made a mistake like this, we would have to eat it and satisfy the company-

I know you won't answer or solve this problem, just keep increasing what I don't owe and making up stories. You will have to compensate for this very soon, and it's happened to a lot of people.

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

I am sorry to hear about the payment problem. I have sent a private message to get more information from you regarding this.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Krev23

Same issue im Having . Ive provided everything they've asked for. everytime I do its something else needed . Im Sitting here with suspended services because they refuse to give me the credit even though I've provided all the proof asked of me .

0 Likes