Phone service disconnected in order to change name on account to mine due to husband's death
MLSG1

I called yesterday to change the FIOS service into my name due to the recent death of my husband.  The customer Service agent said that she would have to handle it as a turn off and turn on of service, but that I would experience no interruption in my Triple Play services.  Today, Friday, I had no telephone dial tone but my internet and TV were working.  I tested the telephone through the internet service and it said I would have to talk with someone. 

I got onto technical support chat and got the run around.  They said that the service would not resume until Monday.  That means I would be 3 days without service.  After bouncing around between Technical support and Customer service, I asked for a supervisor.  I was told that the date was automatically generated by the system and that no one could override it.  I asked for it to be bumped up to someone else, but to no avail.

How do I get my phone turned back on before Monday??

0 Likes
Re: Phone service disconnected in order to change name on account to mine due to husband's death
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Phone service disconnected in order to change name on account to mine due to husband's death
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MLSG,

We'll be closing your private support case thread now due to non-response. If you continue to need support from us, please reach out to us here and we'll reopen your case.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
YoY

My father died at the end of  2009.  His account was CLOSED and my account was opened with fees paid to Verizon for the service and a new telephone number issued.  However, despite multiple phone calls to Verizon over a period of 4 years, my father's name remains as primary point of contact on the verizon.com account.  Please advise on how this may be repaired with the issue closed and as dead as my father. Thank you.

Also, may I acquire a consistent payment due date of the 5th or 7th of each month?  Thank you.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

YoY,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Yoy,

Due to no response, we have closed your private thread out. Hope you were able to take care of your reported issue through another avenue.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes