POOR NEW CUSTOMER SERVICE. LACK OF RESPONSE. NO RESPONSIBILITY TAKEN.
knoxy396
Below is an email that I have sent to Verizon and it still goes without a response from anyone in such a capacity that truly values its customers enough to respond:
(bottom line to all this is that Verizon signs up new customers and issues old, antiquated equipment. Typically new service issues new equipment, but apparently they dont. And talk about forfilling promises?, forget about it...!)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Heres the story, still waiting for someone to contact me.....as of 06/02/2014 3:40pm!

Hi (agent name deleted),
It has been all down hill with Verizon after speaking with you on Friday.*:( sad
This has absolutely no reflection on you.
Maybe you can tell me who to contact to voice my complaint after reading my following
Verizon Adventure. "YOU" have been the most helpful and Responsive of all and I do appreciate your help and do not want to bother you with my issue that is with Verizon, but do appreciate any direction that you can point me in to resolve the issue at this time.
My Story :

1-I was told by the Verizon agent when discussing signing up with a new account and contract that I would be receiving new replacement cable boxes with my new account because the new account holder is another person not on my present account.
It is a NEW account, not a renewal of expired contract.

2-I was told during finalizing the new service, that I would receive a phone call on Friday night 05/30 to be advised of a scheduled window of time for the following day visit by the service technician to swap out my cable boxes.

3-I never received a phone call Friday night.

4-My TV, Internet & Phone service was disconnected by 7:30 am Saturday Morning as I
expected.

5-I waited from 7:00am Saturday morning til 1:00pm before calling Verizon customer service to inquire as to what was going on and I was advised that "technicians would never call the night before to schedule the following days service visit", because they do not have their schedule until that morning of service, but would be calling me as he finished up his previous service call as he headed over to my home.
My Service visit for the day was then CONFIRMED by the agent that I spoke to and I was told that I could expect the call from the service technician soon today. (saturday).

6-I called Customer Service back at 5:00 pm and advised the agent of what I was previously told and also emphasized that I STILL WAS LEFT WITHOUT ANY SERVICE. The agent informed me that he would call a Supervisor while I was on Hold to be able to provide me an immediate answer while they contacted the field technician.
I was now informed that the scheduled service was to REACTIVATE my Service only and was not scheduled to Replace the Equipment as I was previously told when signing up for my new Verizon account and that the Activation would occur shortly with many apologies. I again reviewed with the agent that I was told by the initial Verizon Agent that my cable boxes were scheduled for replacement BECAUSE Technically Verizon and "my wife" was establishing a New Account with a New Account Holders Name and that the present equipment had to be returned as I was still Technically responsible for it and that "new equipment had to be issued".
The agent then advised me that he would "ship" replacement boxes to my house, although there was no guarantee that they would be the same model or newer equipment and that I could return the present equipment with the shipping boxes supplied. I asked if new accounts typically get old or refurbished equipment when establishing a new Verizon account.? (no response).
I then asked if the new Quantum Fios boxes were available? I was told that YES the new boxes were available BUT now at an ADDITIONAL COST. I declined the offer as I did not feel comfortable with the whole situation. We closed our conversation with me being told that my Service would be activated very shortly and that there was no need to stay on the phone taking up more of my valuable time. I reluctantly agreed, but it was now 6:00pm and I had to leave the house this evening.

7-Sunday Morning 6:00am. NO SERVICE.
I called Verizon and was now speaking to a gentleman from MEXICO (!) Really?
After this Agents investigation of the matter, he said that the matter was not a technical
service issue, but now an issue that had to be resolved by Customer Service as it was
in the activation process and there was nothing he could do other than transfer me to that department. I then reviewed the matter with the new agent.
As of this time: 9:15am, Still UNRESOLVED. No Service

(agent name deleted) other than my frustration of not having service through the present time of this message to you, I really feel that I have been cheated out of the service that a new account holder would typically receive. I am being shipped used/refurbished equipment to replace 5 year old equipment. Is this the normal practice for a New Account holder? If I were to sign up with Verizon from a previous contract with say Comcast or other provider, would this be the case?
What I would like to see happen here is new Equipment, new technology, at no additional cost added to my contract, even if it's by way of a suttle discount to offset the charge. Am I being unreasonable? At this point, I do not feel that Verizon has delivered to me as promised in entering into a new contract everything that was part of our agreement. With that said, unless something is done to make me feel "whole", I am going to pursue service with another service provider unless this issue is resolved. I do not believe that I can be held to an early termination fee as this contract has not be completely forfilled or even provided as promised by Verizon. I do expect credit - Pro Ration however for the weekend of lost service.

(agent name deleted) if you can help in this matter, It will restore my faith in Verizon.*:) happy
Please let me know who I should follow up this issue with.
I can be reached by cell phone if you wish to call me at *************
as my home phone is still inoperative.

Thank You !
0 Likes
Re: POOR NEW CUSTOMER SERVICE. LACK OF RESPONSE. NO RESPONSIBILITY TAKEN.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi knoxy396,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: POOR NEW CUSTOMER SERVICE. LACK OF RESPONSE. NO RESPONSIBILITY TAKEN.
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

knoxy396 , 
We still have not heard back from you, as such we are closing out your private support case. If you require additional assistance please feel free to create a new post and we will be more than happy to assist you. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes