Possible to get rid of phone service?
Savvy94

Okay so does anyone know if it's possible to get rid of a service that your still in a contract with? 

Example: I have the triple play package so you get tv, internet & phone. I'm a year into my contract, I love Fios. But I don't even use the home phone service. I don't even have a home phone. Yes at the time I agreed because the guy on the phone really persuaded me on that package saying I can get a home phone for emergency and so I just went ahead with it. A year later I really don't even care to get a home phone. I use my cellphone. Is there anyway to get the phone removed and still pay for the tv and internet? Or am I stuck for another year. I plan on staying with Fios and it's not a huge deal but if I could get my bill cheaper taking that off that just be nice. I hate dealing with the phone calls so that's why I'm asking here first to see if anyone ever had this done so I don't waste time bothering to call customer service if this isn't something they would do anyways. 

0 Likes
Re: Possible to get rid of phone service?
jonjones1
Legend

Any service can be added or deleted. However the triple play package and the associated discounts will be gone.  In certain cases the phone lowers your invoice each month. However the amount I cannot say since I use a separate VoIP service which is much cheaper, as I do with TV (I use DirectTVNOW at $35 a month with no stupid taxes or hidden fees or surcharges) However I use the gigabyte service but it’s not that bad at $103 and a bogus NYS Construction Surcharge of $2.49 

it is always best to shop around and not get locked into contracts. I never had contracts with Verizon for Fios or wireless and the service and price has been great.

Call 1-800-VERIZON and see what the prices will be. You can also go here and ask in writing https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

they should be able to assist you.

0 Likes
onthefritz412

I had the same issue. They told me it would be cheaper to leave the landline phone on the plan. Fine. Stupid, but fine. I suggest just physically disconnecting your phone. No more ringing. But you can reconnect it should you need it again.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes