primary email address verification
Nadz1

I recently changed my primary email address (in account settings - not my verizon email acount); a message appeared indicating this address is "pending verification" and noting that an email message has been sent thereto, which I am to open and respond to to verify the address. No email has come. I have periodically tried clicking on the link to have the email resent, and a notice appears that this has happened. But no email comes.  Notwithstanding that, in the "Notification Settings" section and in the "Email Preference" section, my new email address appears correctly, and I have been receiving notifications from Verizon to that new email address. I have spent over 30 minutes on phone (mostly on hold) with tech support to get the "pending validation' to be changed to "validated" but to no avail.  [The phone effort was as follows: the support person at first asked me to tell him what my new user name is and I had to tell him again, no, i am talking about an email address for notifications, then after finally understanding my issue, put me  on hold to find out what to do -- then came back on and said he'd transfer me to another agent who would cause the verification email to be sent, and had me stay on the line for the other agent; after about 10 minutes of holding, the recorded message came on- please hang up and try your call again ...] 

0 Likes
Re: primary email address verification
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nadz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes