Promised Fios set up fee would be waived and now won't remove charge
HAG71386
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see this is a common theme with Verizon Fios. I recently moved from an apartment into a home that already had Fios service set up. Rather than disconnect my service and receive an early termination fee, a very helpful Verizon rep helped me to transfer my service over to my new home & upgrade to a higher internet speed/package, all while lowering my bill and avoiding the early term fee (about $150). She also told me that the set up fee of $99 would be waived so there would be no fees incurred for making this change. I just received my bill, and to my surprise, the set up fee of $99 is there as a one time charge. I sat on hold waiting to speak to a rep and am extremely disappointed to hear that there is "nothing they can do since there is no note in the system stating this is what I was promised". I have been a Fios customer for a number of years now and am disappointed to hear that there's now nothing that can be done. For a difference of $50, I would have just kept my existing service and not gone through the hassel of switching everything over, having a Verizon tech at my home for 4+ hours for setup, etc. I want this issue to be escalated, so please contact me so we can discuss further. 

0 Likes
Re: Promised Fios set up fee would be waived and now won't remove charge
jonjones1
Legend

No one here can assist you. This is a customer helping customer forum.

yes I have read many posts here and elsewhere where they will not honor the waived setup fee.

normally in the email that is sent to confirm the order it will show the “fee waived” if not in that confirmation email you are stuck.

Now all is not lost. You always can call 1-800-VERIZON and select cancel your service.

this will get you to a retention rep who may actually waive the fee to save the total price per month, per year etc. I have found that it is so stupid to lose a customer over $100 when you lose almost $2000.00 a year in revenue.

Please note Verizon doesn’t always bend if they think you won’t go to a competitive service so be firm and stick to your wanting to terminate service and they may want to save that revenue.

Get everything in writing and don’t fall for that it will come off next bill etc. have it removed immediately.

0 Likes
Re: Promised Fios set up fee would be waived and now won't remove charge
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes