Prove you made a payment??
Omni-Potent
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure if this is the right board, but it is a question about refunding an account credit.

Anyway, I make an online payment and the web site does some funny glitching. Not to go into details, but Verizon debits my bank to the tune of almost 4 times the monthly bill. And no, I didn't do a quadruple 'summit'.

OK, heres the kicker. I call and the accounting department won't do anything until the money clears. So I wait, and call back 4 days later. Now they tell me since the payment has cleared, they can only do a refund of the credit, which is ok for me. BUT,  I have to send them proof (bank statements) that I made that payment. **bleep**??? The lady is looking at my account too, confirms I made the payment. But I have to send in my bank statement???

And it may take a couple of weeks or more for them send a 'check'. **bleep**??? They also say, they just can't void the last transaction since the payment has cleared and part of it was applied to my previous balance. **bleep**???

Ya know, I'm a merchant too and accept Visa/MC payments. And it is simple as falling off a log to void/credit a transaction. I see now, I won't get my money back. I hope my kids don't go hungry and the lights stay on.

ok.. rant over..

0 Likes