Quantum STB Price Increase
DougF61

Long time Verizon customer but never posted or searched here before. I got the Quantum service a year or so ago with 6 boxes (2 DVR, 4 client). Price is $47.99/month. Tried to add 7th box today and new price shows as $84/month. Called customer service and am told price has recently increased to $12/box/month. I get grandfathered at 47.99 (for now) but any change (ie, adding box) negates my current pricing. This is just the STB cost, there is also Quantum surcharge and price of my package.

Just when I think pricing is getting excessive I find out it is even higher. Sorry Verizon, I will live with 6 boxes as I look into alternative services. Proverbial straw that broke the camels back. Maybe I'll find out your pricing is competitive but you've got me looking.

0 Likes
Re: Quantum STB Price Increase
ibeck

Verizon has also increased my monthly bill by $30.  I recently returned my STB that I rent over othe summer months to the local Verizon store.  This is our 7th box in the house over the summer months and my price increased from $47.99/mth to $53.99 while I had this 7th box.  I now have only the 6 boxes.  I just got my bill and the price for the same 6 boxes that cost me previously $47,99 is now billed at $72.  I was told by customer service that they had a price increase as of Sept. 20 and all boxes are billed at $12/box.   However, they have yet to inform existing customers of this price increase which only happens if you make a change to your additional services.  By returning my 7th STB, I made a change.  I repeated said that no one notified me that if I returned this STB that I would be changing my pricing but they said they could not put me back to my old pricing.  They offered me a one month credit equal to what I was paying for 7 boxes (this is still higher than having the 6 boxes) and as a "courtesy" a $4.99/mth for one year "valuable customer credit".  Big deal.  I plan to bring this issue to the Mass. Attorney General Office and the Mass. Consumer Affairs office.  Verizon is totally screwing their customers.  How can we make conscious decisions if we have not been informed by Verizon about pricing changes that significantly affect our billing.   All customers need to be aware that any change you make to additional services (ie adding channels, STB's, or returning STB's) will increase your pricing!!!  "Buyer Beware"!

0 Likes