Re: "Not Supported Method" error when trying to sign into MyVerizon with Chrome Browser
FiosBilliam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I have an idea. Chrome used to work with My Verizon. You guys broke it. Now fix it. Simple.

C'mon now. Geeze....

0 Likes
Re: "Not Supported Method" error when trying to sign into MyVerizon with Chrome Browser
Justin46
Legend

@FiosBilliam wrote:

Hi,

I have an idea. Chrome used to work with My Verizon. You guys broke it. Now fix it. Simple.

C'mon now. Geeze....

I have an idea. Chrome works with My Verizon. You broke it. Now fix it. Simple. Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, I just logged into My Verizon from Google Chrome no problem, and all of the various functions I tried worked (I certainly did not try them all):

I am using the latest level of Chrome under Windows 7. Can you not log in, or do some functions not work correctly? I have a fair number of extensions installed, do you? If so maybe one of them is causing the problem. I suggest you try starting Chrome with those extensions disabled and see if the problem goes away.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
th3rtythr33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Justin, please try logging out and in again. This is a widely known problem and has been reported numerous times on this forum, Google's Chrome forums, and in various other places. The problem definitely exists and is not caused by user error. It is directly related to the existence of the signin.verizon.com cookie.

If the cookie exists, this happens:

t=1324657567344 [st=212]           HTTP_TRANSACTION_SEND_REQUEST_HEADERS  
                                   --> POST /amserver/UI/Login?realm=dotcom... HTTP/1.1
                                       Cookie: [value was stripped]
t=1324657567345 [st=213]       -HTTP_TRANSACTION_SEND_REQUEST       
t=1324657567345 [st=213]       +HTTP_TRANSACTION_READ_HEADERS       [dt= 98]
t=1324657567345 [st=213]           HTTP_STREAM_PARSER_READ_HEADERS  [dt= 98]
t=1324657567443 [st=311]           HTTP_TRANSACTION_READ_RESPONSE_HEADERS  
                                   --> HTTP/1.0 501 Not Supported 

If the cookie does not exist, this happens:

t=1324657668788 [st=129]           HTTP_TRANSACTION_SEND_REQUEST_HEADERS  
                                   --> POST /amserver/UI/Login?realm=dotcom... HTTP/1.1                                 
t=1324657668788 [st=129]       -HTTP_TRANSACTION_SEND_REQUEST       
t=1324657668788 [st=129]       +HTTP_TRANSACTION_READ_HEADERS       [dt=186]
t=1324657668788 [st=129]           HTTP_STREAM_PARSER_READ_HEADERS  [dt=186]
t=1324657668974 [st=315]           HTTP_TRANSACTION_READ_RESPONSE_HEADERS  
                                   --> HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@th3rtythr33 wrote:

Justin, please try logging out and in again. This is a widely known problem and has been reported numerous times on this forum, Google's Chrome forums, and in various other places. The problem definitely exists and is not caused by user error. It is directly related to the existence of the signin.verizon.com cookie.

I have, many times. Works ok for me. If there is a cookie issue I don't see it, maybe I have my cookie handling set differently from you (and others). Also I am not using the "keep me signed in for two weeks" option, could that have something to do with it?

All I know is that I can log into My Verizon when I first start Chrome up, I can log out and immediately log back in, as many times as I want (at least it appears that way).

Keller, TX 76248

FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cleaning browsing-history (incl. cookies) solved the problem for me..

0 Likes
th3rtythr33
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

Also I am not using the "keep me signed in for two weeks" option, could that have something to do with it?

No, I'm not using that either. Also, this happens to me on 5 different computers on 2 different networks.

Try this. Log in in chrome, then close the browser window. Then start chrome and try to log in again. Does this recreate the problem?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@th3rtythr33 wrote:
.... Also, this happens to me on 5 different computers on 2 different networks.

Try this. Log in in chrome, then close the browser window. Then start chrome and try to log in again. Does this recreate the problem?

Worked just fine.

1) Started Chrome, logged into My Verizon just fine.

2) Closed Chrome (did not log out from My Verizon before closing the browser).

3) Started Chrome, logged into My Verizon just fine.

I also tried it logging out of My Verizon first, same result, works fine each time.

Two different networks? Meaning Verizon and some other ISP or what? I am on a Verizon FiOS connection.

Keller, TX 76248

th3rtythr33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Meaning Verizon FiOS (home) and Verizon Hi-Speed DSL (office) with two different routers, network cards, etc.

If we can recreate the problem on your computer, it will help immensely, but I'm out of ideas for now. Thanks for helping!.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@th3rtythr33 wrote:

Meaning Verizon FiOS (home) and Verizon Hi-Speed DSL (office) with two different routers, network cards, etc.

If we can recreate the problem on your computer, it will help immensely, but I'm out of ideas for now. Thanks for helping!.

Well unfortunately I am apparently not helping....

Any chance we are using different URLs to reach My Verizon? I am using:

https://www22.verizon.com/Foryourhome/MyAccount/Unprotected/UserManagement/Login/Login.aspx

Really, I am out of ideas too.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
juxta
Enthusiast - Level 3

It worked for me... Tools --->  Clear browsing data  ---->  Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data (from last 4 weeks).

VZ has been tweaking the website lately, so the old cookie may now be bad/invalid.

0 Likes