"One Verizon ID" - how to unlink, unmerge accounts.
T-n-L
Enthusiast - Level 1

I may have found out how to get my inactive Fios account unlinked (unmerged) from my mobile account.  This is the "One Verizon ID" linking.

First.  The customer CAN NOT do this.  If tech support wants you to try things, tell them no thank you.  You cannot do this yourself.   As a matter of fact, tech support can not do this either.  .

You must get to a tech support person who can submit a request to have the accounts unmerged.  That is the ONLY way this will happen.  NO ONE on the phone can do this themselves!  They MUST submit an internal request (incident) to make it happen.

I have just gotten to this point, and am waiting for the request to be completed.  I spent many, many hours dealing with Wells meaning support agents that could not help at all.  I finally reached one who knew how to submit the request.

Hopefully this fixes it...

Re: "One Verizon ID" - how to unlink, unmerge accounts. Fixes issues with "account not in good stand
T-n-L
Enthusiast - Level 1

Whew!  That sounded like a rant, which I guess it was.

The bottom line is that enabling the "One Verizon ID" can cause problems down the line if, for whatever reason, you close either the wireless or internet account that the "One Verizon ID" links.  The link will persist, unless you get someone at VZ to un-merge them.

Problems trying to apply for discounts, or issues with viewing historical billing information may be a symptom of this.

Re: "One Verizon ID" - how to unlink, unmerge accounts.
AndyMartinezNY

I'm hoping you got this solved for now and posting for posterity.

Ultimately I had to convince the Verizon Mobile agent to "unregister my mobile account from online access completely". Then, confirmed that I couldn't log on using my phone number and then I was able to add it to my new Fios account. 

The longer story is that hours of chatting with several agents for a total of 4 hours lead nowhere.  I called and was bounced from Fios to Mobile to Tech and the cycle continued. Finally when the last mobile agent was about to bounce me  back to Fios I had asked her to just "unregister my phone account from everything". I don't know why it worked this time as opposed to the other agents that said they couldn't unregister my phone account  but it did. 

0 Likes