Return Equipment
LostCustInVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have cancelled my Verizon service after many years.

Verizon sends me a box to return the equipment. I send everything back, one receiver and one cable card all in the same box. They received the receiver but lost the cable card. Get many emails, letters and calls asking me to return the cable card. Every time I tell Verizon it was in the same box as the receiver. I'm promises Verizon will fix this and I will not be charge for the card. But I was charge and Verizon will not refund my money.  The FCC? The BBB? What else can I do when a company like Verizon does not keep their promises?

Re: Return Equipment
jonjones1
Legend

Google the Verizon loses returns and bills customer ploy. They do it mostly in the wireless side but it happens on the Fios side as well. 

The issue is that Verizon sends the return label so the issue is between Verizon and the returns shipper.

in the past it was returned via the postal service which is terrible. Then it was the UPS which gives a $100 carriage loss built into the ICC regulations. And only Verizon can collect this money and more if the parcel is insured for more.

However since they have your billing information they like to ding the customer. And if the package says it was delivered and someone stated the contents were not complete it then becomes your word against theirs.

0 Likes
Re: Return Equipment
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes