Returned Equipment but still being charged
Shelby631

I upgraded my router in August and returned my old one to the Verizon store in my area in September. I kept getting messages that if I didn't return the old router I would be charged $100.00. I called and talked with someone from customer service in October and told them about the messages I received, they said just ignore them we see the router was returned. In November on my bill I noticed i was being charged $100 and I called customer service again, they looked it up and initially couldn't see that the router was returned. After more searching they did find that it was returned and stated the charges would be removed. In December, charges were still on the bill, i called again, 1st customer service agent couldn't find were it was returned, I asked to speak to someone above them, this person said they would look further and call me back , but never did. Called again and talked to someone else, still could not find that it was returned, I asked to speak to a supervisor/manager and eventually they had someone else talk to me. Meanwhile I searched through my emails from Verizon and found an acknowledgment and receipt of the returned router. The manager I talked with asked for the receipt number/order number and stated it would note it in my account.  I asked where I could submit a formal complaint and he stated that they would do an investigation to address the matter. The charges are still on my bill as of this date. I want to know why it is so hard for the matter to get solved.

0 Likes
Re: Returned Equipment but still being charged
jonjones1
Legend

This is a common complaint. Search the forum.

what happens is you have a receipt. This protects you in case you have to take personal actions. 

This is a money maker for Verizon. If you visit the wireless forum you will see loads of complaints regarding bogus billing when there is proof of Verizon receiving the devices back.

You could write to the billing department and send as certified return receipt requested. This way when you write the letter send copies of your proof and tell Verizon you will take further actions if it is not removed immediately.

0 Likes
Re: Returned Equipment but still being charged
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.
0 Likes