Reward Card not working
carolynjoshua41

My bonus reward card for Verizon came in the mail and I did all the steps to activate it on MyPrepaidReward.com but I am unable to use the card to pay my verizon bill, as the Verizon website keeps saying that the payment isn't going through. I also noticed on the verizon website that the "Activate Your Card" page is asking for a tracking number on the back of the card but there is none present.

I would appreciate help from Verizon on how to make my card usable.

0 Likes
AvgConsumer
AvgConsumer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I just got off the phone with Chad, from FiOS billing customer service.  Chad was very polite.  Here's what I learned about the reward card, both through my own attempts to sift through the confusion as well as through speaking with Chad.  I conclude that FiOS' marketing department is not communicating effectively with the business department.  

The website is wrong and very confusing (as you noticed).  Evidence:

1.   The FiOS customer dashboard provides a link to "Activate" your received VISA Reward Card.  Using that link, you arrive at a FiOS website requesting your cards "tracking number" which it instructs you is located in the lower lefthand side on the back of your reward card.  WRONG; there is no 9-digit tracking number anywhere on the back of the card.  I had to call the VISA customer service number on the back of the card and activate it over the phone.
2.  The FiOS website's reward card page provides a "helpful" suggestion that one (of several) easy ways to use your reward card is to pay your FiOS or Verizon Wireless bill.  WRONG; you are limited to using this card to a restricted list of merchants viewable at MyPrepaidCenter.com.

3.  The FiOS website's reward card page states "your reward is provided in the form of a Verizon Visa prepaid card and can be used everywhere Visa debt cards are accepted".  WRONG; you are limited to using this card to a restricted list of merchants viewable at MyPrepaidCenter.com.

Fortunately my wife and I will have no problem spending the money at some of participating retailers, but I do feel that incorrect information Verizon is telling its customers on its own FiOS website is inexcusable.  I have to imagine that people consider using the reward card as a general purpose payment method when considering whether or not to sign up for a FiOS service contract.

Please rever to this image I captured today from FiOS' reward card activation portal which provides evidence of my above assertions.  I captured this image at 11:45EST on March 25, 2017.

0 Likes
Re: AvgConsumer
thodges1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for sharing this information. I have had the same exact problem.  I thought I was crazy looking for this tracking number that obviously does not exist. Thought I activated it through the card website, but then the Verizon site says the payment won't go through when I tried to use it to pay the bill. As a new customer, it is very discouraging to see so much misinformation and I hope this isn't reflective of the quality of services I can expect from Verizon moving forward. Something as simple as as rewards card shouldn't be so difficult. Although I am sure I can find something to buy from the list of merchants provided, the restrictions are frustrating. There weren't any restrictions when they took my money to set up the new service 😡

Re: Reward Card not working
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes