SECURITY
sharschorr

I received the following on July 22, 2010 and a similar follow-up on July 24.  CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THIS IS LEGIT??

"Important Notice About Your My Verizon Account

Dear My Verizon User,
We are writing to you about some upcoming changes to your My Verizon account.
We recently launched a completely new My Verizon with improved security, easier access and richer features.
In order for you to fully experience these changes, it is necess for you to:

1. Log On to myverizon.com
2. Update Your My Verizon User ID by September 30, 2010

Your current My Verizon User ID will not work after this date. It just takes a few moments, so why not do it now?
Login to www.myverizon.com to update your User ID, and experience the all new My Verizon today!
Thank you for choosing Verizon, We appreciate your business.
Verizon Member Services."

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SECURITY
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are indeed rolling out a new Verizon portal ... I went thru the conversion which changed my sign-on userid about a month ago (from a self-selected ID to one which matched my Verizon email address).  If you have concern about the legitimacy of the links, type them into your browser instead of just clicking on them.  A quick WHOIS search will tell you that the myverizon.com domain itself is owned by Verizon.

View solution in original post

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are indeed rolling out a new Verizon portal ... I went thru the conversion which changed my sign-on userid about a month ago (from a self-selected ID to one which matched my Verizon email address).  If you have concern about the legitimacy of the links, type them into your browser instead of just clicking on them.  A quick WHOIS search will tell you that the myverizon.com domain itself is owned by Verizon.

roger-c

How did you change your user id? I logged in and went to my profile and found that my user id couldn't be changed. I could remove my online account and start all over again, but that seems a little excessive. BTW, I was offered a changeover to the new system when I logged in, but chose to be reminded later. Perhaps I missed the chance to change my user id.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

My ID was changed to match my primary email address when I chose to follow the link offering to change me over to the new portal. 

prisaz
Legend

Is that emailname@verizon.net ?? Do you need to type the whole thing?

0 Likes
sharschorr

Thanks, lasagna!

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

@prisaz -- No.  Just the part prior to the @verizon.net.  Some of you may recall when "lasagna" temporarily became "ravioli" on the boards here.  That was the day I made the switch -- and I think I uncovered a little migration bug in the process.  My account ID changed to match my primary email address (which was different than my signon name for MyVerizon) -- and in the process I became disassociated from my forum account (it remained bound to the old, now inactive, ID).  Took them a while to sort it out, but eventually got me pieced back together.

prisaz
Legend

@lasagna wrote:

@prisaz -- No.  Just the part prior to the @verizon.net.  Some of you may recall when "lasagna" temporarily became "ravioli" on the boards here.  That was the day I made the switch -- and I think I uncovered a little migration bug in the process.  My account ID changed to match my primary email address (which was different than my signon name for MyVerizon) -- and in the process I became disassociated from my forum account (it remained bound to the old, now inactive, ID).  Took them a while to sort it out, but eventually got me pieced back together.

Thanks I should be good then, and need not change anything. Your not Italian are ya?Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Funny ... no, not Italian.   German heritage actually.   The name derives from my one time obsession with all thing "Garfield".

0 Likes
prisaz2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope not good. It still went into the abyss. Prisaz2.0 err. I took the 2.0 plunge. Figured I would have to sooner or later. I feel the .net and .com accounts should still not be connected. Like I want my account linked to the not so secure Email password that gets sent every time I check my mail. Bad choice Verizon!!

Dot Com account is what I used here, and .com account is now gone. So yes my forums profile is linked to a non existent account. HELP! Please fix the prisaz account so it is linked to the .net and not the .com account.

0 Likes