Senior cannot get phone service repaired for 4-5 days
NJSenior
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have a problem with the landline for a 91 year-old verizon customer whose phone is primarily used for medical purposes. 

The problem originally was no phone service (no dial tone, no calls in or out).   When the the problem was initially reported we were told to do a few checks on the phone and call back with the results and at that time mentioned the age of the customer and the medical usage and service would be expedited.  

Performed the tests and called Verizon with the results and was put on hold.  After 2 hours I logged onto verizon.com and scheduled an appointment thinking I could identify it as medical usage. Of course that was not the case.

I still needed to talk to someone to have that emphasized.   I tried online  chat but was told tha twas not functional.

After 2 1/2 hours on hold I hung up.  Called back and reach a representive ( only a few minutes this time). He told me I had an appointment on Friday (it is only Monday) and when I asked about getting it expedited was told he would make a note  but would not offer an earlier appointment.  I then asked for a supervisor and was told that no supervisor was available and he would have one call nme back. 

It seems ridiculous that a company would take 4 to 5 days to investigate a problem with their service especially for a 91 year-old.  So she is just to do without a phone which is her link for emergencies and basic necessities such as arranging doctor appointments and associated transportation as well as people checking up on her.

Re: Senior cannot get phone service repaired for 4-5 days
NJSenior
Enthusiast - Level 2

A supervisor returned the call (2 + hours after leaving message for call back.) and the appointment has been "expedited" to

Wednesday  (instead of Friday) somewhere between 8AM and 8PM.  At least it is an improvement but it does make me wonder about Verizon's appreciation of the customer.   The 91 year-old will stay with Verizon.

As for me... This removes a main reason why I have stayed with Verizon.  

NJSenior
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon was  scheduled to come out 4 days after problem reported. Due to Senior (91 YO) needing the phone they  said they would come out in 2 days (Last Wednesday 12/15).   Verizon did not show on Wed 12/15 nor on Fri 12/17. They didn't call, didn't show up. Fortunately the phone started working on its own (after the rain dried up). They did finally call on Tuesday 12/21 and said they would be there on Wednesday 12/23. 

This is unbelievable service!!!  Really makes me wonder if I should go to another company!!!

Maybe they will show this time.  We shall see....

Diabetic1

I AM 89 YEARS OLD AND MY PHONE HAS WORKED FOR 4 DAYS,HOS TO SRVICE MAN TO COME TO MY HOUSE,CALLED VERIZON SEVEREL TIMES NO SATISFACTION>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Diabetic,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes