Set up of Sub Accounts - always denied?
Susieequ

I need help, I have set up 2 sub accounts and still have 8 remaining to be setup. No matter what username I put in, it always says it's wrong and have to put in a valid one. I have tried tons of stuff even sequences that I know aren't out there. Does anyown know why this is happening and how to fix it? Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Set up of Sub Accounts - always denied?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

First, there is no account that is allowed 10 sub accounts. Unlimited Dial accounts get 3, residential DSL accounts get 8. Business DSL accounts and all FiOS accounts get 9. That said, if you only have 2 so far you should be fine.

Is there a common thread to the usernames you are trying? For example: "needhelp", "helper123", and "help.please" all contain "help" as a character string. It would be helpful to know one or two of the usernames you've tried if you're comfortable sharing.

Have you tried changing some of the other information you're entering? The name, password, secret answer? It could be that one of these doesn't meet criteria, and the error is being misleading. (Verizon has some pretty generic errors.)