So, the Verizon techs cut the line to my outdoor lighting...
mhross71

Sorry for the wall of text, but it's a long story....

So about 4 weeks ago, a Verizon tech installation at the house next to mine cut my FIOS line.  As a result, I was without service for a week.  Sucks, but, hey, crap happens.

Now, about 3 weeks ago, a guy comes by and marks the undergrounds lines; a couple fo days later, the Verizon crew comes out and re-installs my FIOS and all is well, except that they didn't bury the line as they were supposed to.

So, two weeks ago, a crew from the county came out to inspect things and were kinda **bleep** that the line was still above ground.  A couple of days later, a Verizon crew comes out to the place and buries the line as they were supposed to do in the first place.

A week ago, my wife and I were out on our patio and noticed that a bunch of our outdoor lights were no longer working, so we put in a call to our lighting vendor to come replace the bulbs.

Well, today, the outdoor lighting vendor comes out and discoveres that when Verizon buried the FIOS line, they shredded the power lines to our outdoor lights.  The crew that buried the line didn't even knock on the door to let us know this (and someone was at home all day that day).

Now, we're getting a large bill (amount unknown right now, but at least several hundred dollars) from out outdoor lighting company for the re-wiring job that they had to do.

So, my question is, who at Verizon can I contact about this issue?  I fully expect them to pay this bill.  Or should I skip the **bleep** with customer service and just file a claim in small claims court?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
Re: So, the Verizon techs cut the line to my outdoor lighting...
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes