So Unbelievably Frustrated with Verizon
Mamamootz

Grab a cup of coffee and have a seat. This is going to be long.

On October 16, 2012, I contacted Verizon customer service regarding my residential Fios account as we were completing a cross country move and would be staying in temporary housing. On 10/16/2012, I spoke with a representative who assisted me in suspeending our service which would be good for 1-9 months and we would call to reconnect when we had a permanent residence. My account in California was supposed to be suspended on 10/20/12, and my confirmation number for this was 0C9493226.

Our home sold and closed on 10/28/2012. The new owners contacted us shortly thereafter via our realtor as they were having trouble establishing service at our old address. At that time, I recieved an e-mail telling me my service was REACTIVATED with confirmation number 0C09805079.

Since I no longer live at that address (house SOLD 10/28/2012 to brand new owners) and am residing in temporary housing in New Jersey, I contacted Verizon customer service on 10/31/12 and spoke with Robert, who could not find my information. Then I called back and spoke with Michael, who looked up the confirmation number and assured me the account was still suspended.  I asked him if he was sure because again, I no longer live in California and received a confirmation number saying my service was reactivated. He assured me it was not, and we should not worry about it.

I knew this was going to come back and bite me in the behind. I just knew it.

In my e-mail today, I received a bill in the amont of $106.42, due December 22, 2012, for Fios service on the house in California that is sold, that I no longer live in. I'm still in temporary housing and have not contacted Verizon to reactivate the account.

Is there a person I can escalate this to, since clearly talking to front line customer service is getting me nowhere?

My account should still be suspended, I should not be receiving a bill at all, and this needs to be fixed immediately.

I do not want this bill to get past due and I do not want to have to spend hours on the phone trying to fix this issue.

If anyone has any ideas about escalating this, please post here. I was frustrated with Verizon the entire time we had the account active at our old address, and the customer service I've received on tihs issue is not endearing Verizon to me any more. 

Thank you for sticking with the entire post, if you got this far.

0 Likes
Re: So Unbelievably Frustrated with Verizon
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

AlexP,

We are glad that your billing issue was resolved.  We are here if you need us.

Tonya C

0 Likes