surprise bill for services that have failed to go through
mediaseth
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been dealing with these forums and verizon for some time now to get my broadband, a fios account on vdsl2, up to speed. Even today, it was nice to receive a phone call that while they cleared up an error in one database, another error caused my order for a speed increase to fail. I'm not going to get into that bit of detail.. however...

I just got a bill for $198 and change. I'm supposed to pay a smidge under a $100 for the new service. And the new service hasn't gone through, except for the tv bit, which is only a $10 jump anyway, and that only went through in the last 24 hrs.

I do not understand why I'm getting a bill for roughly two months at once, a $30 fee that has something to do with change in service, etc. when I wasn't even warned about this. And this bill reflects internet speeds I don't have...though I wish I did. So, it's a bit insulting.

And this bill comes after countless frustrating hours with tech support, sales, tech support, sales again, more tech.. I spent so much time learning about ONT's, FIOS, VDSL1 vs. VDSL2 just by chatting with these folks that I may as well be a Verizon tech by now.

It's an insult to be slammed with such a large bill for services I don't even fully have, yet.

I don't even know if I'm just venting frustration, asking for an explaination or a resolution right now. But I'm certainly not going to pay for something that an "engineering team" (Verizon's phrasing) is still trying to figure out how to fix.

Re: surprise bill for services that have failed to go through
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you tried contacting Verizon for an explanation of the items on the bill?

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
Re: surprise bill for services that have failed to go through
mediaseth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Elizabeth, after spending 6+ hours of accumulated time dealing with Verizon by the phone, I requested that I have just one point person, rather than dealing with separate representatives from different departments with access to different information.

I explained that I was finished doing the internal communications work for Verizon, unless they wanted to hire me.

I already have my point-person, and she has been notified. I'm waiting for a response.

I was also hoping for more insight into the situation from this forum, as to why I'm being billed for a service they have yet to figure out how to deliver. I think that points again, to internal communication issues. There were also database errors causing orders to fail. And to top it all off, sales doesn't have packages specific to the capabilities of VDSL-2, so I have to order a package greater than what is capable, 25/25, in order to receive 25/5. I have already explained that I'm not going to pay for 25/25 if I'm getting 25/5. But, sales doesn't get what VDSL2 is, even though that's what's commonly used in condos and apartments.

And let me add that I've taken courses in organizational and business communication, though my degree is in speech communication, and that my father has worked on software for mainframe systems since the early 70's and we're both aware that it's possible to have both computers and personnel communicate better with one another. Instead, I feel like I'm dealing with an archaic beaurocracy.

0 Likes