Switching from Verizon to Verizon Fios Nightmare
colemanmadness
Enthusiast - Level 1

CHANGING TO FIOS HAS BEEN A TERRIBLE AND FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE. THE SALES PEOPLE DO NOT TELL YOU THE TRUTH ABOUT EVERYTHING.  YOU HAVE TO DIAL AREAS CODES FIRST, EVEN IN LOCAL AREAS, THE DVR BOX DOES NOT ADJUST TO THE SCREEN FOR NONE HD MOVIES, YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY ADJUST YOUR SCREEN EACH TIME, WAS NOT TOLD THE MESSAGING PH. #, WAS CHANGED, CAN NOT RETRIEVE MESSAGES WITHOUT NEW ACCESS CODE. HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET DESKTOP COMPUTER TO US WIFI PROVIDED, WAS NOT TOLD MY LIFELINE DISCOUNT WOULD BE REMOVED, AND OTHER CHARGES NOT DISCUSSED.  JUST HAD PHONE SERVICE RETURNED TO LIFELINE, AND NOT TOLD I WOULD LOOSE SERVICE DURING SWITCH TILL NEXT DAY.  I AM MAD AND VERY DISAPPOINTED IN FIOS SERVICE.  ONCE YOU SWITCH YOUR DSL TO FIOS INTERNET, IT CAN NEVER BE CHANGED BACK.  THEY DON’T TELL YOU ANY OF THESE THINGS UP FRONT, BEFORE YOU MAKE THE CHANGE OF SERVICE.  THIS IS NOT FAIR TO ANYONE!!

Re: Switching from Verizon to Verizon Fios Nightmare
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Colemanmadness,
Sorry you have had some frustration upgrading to FiOS.  Digital voice comes with many features and great pricing but does require 10 digit number dialing.  We would like to help address the remaining technical issues you are having with TV and computer connection issue. I have sent you a private message to begin when you are available.

Thank you,

angie666
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same issues with my service.  It was new service, that I had for less then a week.  I called Verizon & the rep stated that I do not owe anytnig for cancelling.  Now I have a large bill going to collection.  Verizon will not work with me, after hours on the phone.  They will wear you down, to where you just want to give up.  Unfortunately for them, they will not get any money, where I was going to negotiate a fair price resolution.  

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@angie666 wrote:

I have had the same issues with my service.  It was new service, that I had for less then a week.  I called Verizon & the rep stated that I do not owe anytnig for cancelling.  Now I have a large bill going to collection.  Verizon will not work with me, after hours on the phone.  They will wear you down, to where you just want to give up.  Unfortunately for them, they will not get any money, where I was going to negotiate a fair price resolution.  

0 Likes
Replete
Contributor - Level 1

Dialing the 10 digit number is standard practice with digital phone services, not just with Fios. You can use the old copper service, though eventually that will be phased out entirely.

Many of the rest of your issues can be solved I believe, if you wish to stay with Fios I along with many others here can help you.

They aren't going to tell you up front about things like not getting wifi to work, because the vast majority of customers have it working, or if they have issues are able to resolve them. I dont know anyone who would want to go back to the old dsl if they have fios internet.

I am not sure what you mean by having to dial an access code to get messages, but entering a pin number or password is standard practice with any digital voicemail service. You can still use an answering machine if you want to.

Nytwhatevr

You state-- "I don't know who would want to switch from FIOS back to DSL"    (Waving hand in air frantically)  I WOULD--in a heartbeat.  FIOS internet is TERRIBLE!!!   I had Verizon DSL with no problems. I decided on the triple bundle and was actually excited to do so. I decided to upgrade the speed to the fastest offered.  Well, I feel like I am dealing with Dial-up!   Every website I try to go to, I sit and wait and wait. When I try to scroll 99% of the websites tell me "So&So.com isn't responding"  HuffPost. AOL, even Verizon.com. When I tried to navigate My Account to find a mystery e-mail I can't find, I would click on a setting and wait,and wait and WAIT. When I go to view videos on YouTube, etc-- it's choppy, the sound breaks up so much I can't follow what they are saying. So, yeh--- I would LOVE to have my DSL back.  And now? Ads for this Quantum thing?  "Double your speed for a few dollars"   Okay--so, it would cost me another $15 to double what is very slow. So, I'm paying extra for the 35 I have, and pay another $15 and just MAYBE end up with the speed I had with DSL?  NOOOO thank YOUUUU.

0 Likes