Taxes on "copper line" and promises gone.
Ham01

Our experience with Verizon has been very good for the past 12 months.  Billing has been correct and the service has been reliable - - - - until the big surprise:  Our promised $20 a month "Valued Customer" discount for two years went away after the first year, but while discussing this with the reps, including a supervisor, I was told we could save $5 plus change on taxes if we used the fiber for our phone instead of the copper line.  But wait a minute, Verizon cut loose our copper line when they installed the fiber in 2006!  The phone has not been on copper since, so why the tax??  Add up $5+ a month for five years and we wonder where the money went.  If it's true, shouldn't we get that money back? We left a message for the supervisor to contact us about it but haven't heard back.  We would like to be put in contact with their legal department or someone who is knowledgeable about that subject.

Concerning the $20 Valued Customer discount, we're told the person who got us to sign up for another two years & switch packages was wrong.  The only way to lower our cost (we're fixed income pensioners) is to switch from the Extreme Pkg. to the Prime Pkg. and GET OFF THE COPPER PHONE LINE to save another 5 bucks a month. 

Hope to hear something positive back soon.

0 Likes
Re: Taxes on "copper line" and promises gone.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ham01

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Debusan

I just learnt today that Verizon has me listed as a subscriber with copper telephone line too. I Switched to FIOS tripple play in 2006 (I think) as well.

I am talking to another representative now and he seems to have no clue about the differences.

Very frustrating...

-DN

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi, to help clear up confusion. Verizon has two types of fios phone lines. One is Fios phone, and that has all the taxes that a regular copper line would have

and then there is fios digital voice which saves you the money on taxes,.   find out which one you had, and which one they are switching you to. 

0 Likes