Terrible Service/Unprofessional Reps
mdtnkat

Our TV receiver has not worked since the day we received it.  The fact that Verizon took over a month to schedule a tech to come out to install our phone, internet and cable should have been a sign for us to go with someone else.  To date we have had over four tech visits to fix our internet and cable.  Our service started at the beginning of September. 

Today I called to complain that we were still missing most of the channels that come with our package and requested a refund.  The tech admitted that we were given the wrong box.  When I got to billing, they refused to refund us for the total time we've been missing the channels because I didn't call them directly to log the complaint.  Mind you, every call that I have made to Verizon has lasted over an hour due to being put on hold or being transferred to multiple departments.  So instead of calling the company, I call the techs that come out and hand me their business cards because they don't take forever to answer their phones or put me on hold. 

After the billing rep refused to issue a refund, I asked to speak to his supervisor, Shana.  I explained the situation to her and even though she acknowledged that we were given the wrong receiver, she said there was nothing they could do.  I asked to make a formal complaint and she hung up on me. 

I was on the phone with Verizon for over two hours and most of the time I was on hold, which is typical of how these calls go, yet, I'm expected to call each time I have a problem so that it's properly logged.   

Verizon by far is worse than Comcast and DirecTV.  The minute my contract expires or I move, I will terminate service.  If you are thinking about signing up with Verizon, I urge you to go with another company.  It's not worth saving a couple of bucks to deal with crappy service and incompetent reps who have no problems being outright rude.

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Service/Unprofessional Reps
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mdtnkat,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

mdtnkat,

We have closed your private support case due to no response. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
mdtnkat

I didn't get a chance to respond because you guys contacted me the day before Thanksgiving.  

A tech came out and replaced our box.  He said that the original box was never registered to us and should not have been installed, resulting in us not receiving the channels we were paying for.  I was told that once the tech resolved the issue, someone would contact me regarding a refund for the months that we were not receiving service.  I have not been contacted about any type of refund and I refuse to waste more hours of my life calling the billing department.  I will contact corporate about this issue and the terrible customer service that I have experience.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mdtnkat,

You needed to access your private support case by following the instructions posted above.  The case was closed because you did not reply to the agents in the private case.  Would you like us to reopen the case so that you may discuss the billing issue with a support agent there?

0 Likes
mdtnkat

Yes please reopen to resolve the billing issue.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

We have reopened your private support case

Please follow the instructions above that LawrenceC gave you on accessing your case.

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mdtnkat,

We were able to get you an appropriate credit on the account for the issue. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please be sure to let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes
mdtnkat

Just so everyone that has been following this string knows, the "appropriate" credit for Verizon's screw up ended up being a credit of $0.41.  Absolutely ridiculous and an indication of Verizon's crappy service. 

0 Likes