Things are really broken
millesime1962
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been dealing with a neighborhood wide outage of FIOS since last Friday night.

The online tools that Verizon provides are kind of a joke..You can't do obvious things like report a FIOS outage. Instead you are  told to call and get to a warm body. (note to Verizon...call PECO and see how automated outage systems should work...and get the marketing people out of the mix...too much spin can make you dizzy).

The interactions I have had with individuals on the phone (once I was able to get through) have been positive.  They understand the issue and appear to be following the steps that have been established for them to get the issue in a queue for resolution.  Despite that, it appears that there is a significant gap between the steps they are able to take and actually getting an issue resolved. And, when you see Verizon employees working in your house and out on the streets, they too are working hard.

The failures are not on purpose: Verizon does not want to have unhappy customers--or worse unhappy ex customers. But somehow, it does manage to fail.

I really hope there are people at the right level inside Verizon trying to fix the deep things that are broken...the employees and the customers deserve better.

PS FIOS is not included as a term in the spell checker...that's sort of funny.

Re: Things are really broken
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would like to suggest putting that outage notification / callback suggestion over on the idea's board if it's not already there ... I really like that!  We're PP&L here, but it's basically the same ... have an outage, you call their number to report  it (which drives their automated system so they can quickly figure out exactly where the likely line break is located based on who all reports the outage) and they tell you not only the scope of the outage and the reason (like weather, equipment failure, etc.) but an estimated time when service will be restored!   They then offer to call you with updates (automated) if the time changes and when the service should be back on again.     You might not always like the timeframe you hear -- particularly when a bad storm has them telling you it will be 2 or 3 days -- but at least you have insight into the progress on the repair and more importantly that they know that there is actually an issue which needs a repair!