Trying not to go to Comcast...
Nicola3

So my 2 year contract just ended and I have tried to renew 3x - spent several hours on the phone/chat with Verizon representatives trying to find something that would work.  I wasn't shooting for the stars, however, the new customer packages offered are way lower than what I received 2 years ago.  Further, I have 50/50 mbps and struggle to literally use 2-3 devices at a time.  If my son wants to watch Netflix, we have to literally unhook every other device from wifi.  Verizon blames Netflix but when we only have 1 device streaming Netflix - it works.  Anyway, back to my story...I was looking for a reasonable offer for renewal and would sign another contract.  I didn't need a gift card.  What a game.  I am pretty up front and direct.  I told each of the agents that I was looking for a somewhat upgraded internet since 50/50 mbps was not able to even support 2-3 devices and didn't care about the tv channels - just local was fine.  Offers weren't great and I was on hold for 30-50 minutes for each.  I felt like it was just a tactic to make me give up.

So, I canceled and ordered Comcast - they will be here Friday.  I don't really want Comcast.  Here's why I am posting.  I received this email tonight:

Thank you for being a Verizon customer. We received a request to disconnect your Verizon service(s) and are processing this order. Your service(s) will be disconnected effective Dec 29, 2017.

At Verizon it is our goal to provide customers with a truly amazing experience. It seems your experience didn't live up to our expectations. We'd like to ask you for another chance to make things right. Please call or click here before Dec 29, 2017 to take advantage of a unique offer available only to you. We hope you reconsider and allow us to continue serving you.

I called the number - it didn't know why I was calling so I got to a representative who I asked to tell me what the 'unique offer' is so I can possibly stay as you asked.  After another almost 20 minutes on hold with check-ins, I was told I needed toremove the cancellation to hear the offer.  I responded, this is not what the email says and I don't think this is very consumer friendly.  You invited me to call you and said you have an offer.  I inquire and am essentially blackmailed.  So strange.  I need to get back to my life.

How do I get the game to end and get a reasonable offer to stay with Verizon?  I am open to all suggestions!!  Thanks 

0 Likes
Re: Trying not to go to Comcast...
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nicola,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes