Unable to contact customer service regarding my overall Fios service problems
aduffer21

To date the overall Fios experience has been disappointing. It has not exceeded my cable experience as promised by the salesman, in fact, it hasn’t even met it!!

With the exception of the telephone service, the Internet and TV has been problematic. The worst by far is my Internet service. It is much slower than a “slower” cable service, I can’t remain logged on but must continually re-enter my password and seldom return to my customized Homepage. Many times I get a message stating, my Safari service has been overwhelmed by many “redirects” which forces me to close and then, reopen Safari. Several calls to the tech service has done nothing to correct  it, in fact, after finally getting through to speak with someone to response is; something wrong with my password, I’ll change your Router channel or, we will connect you to the Apple technical assistance desk, which has resulted in long waits and then dropped calls or unanswered phones or, being told that I have to pay a $50.00 service charge and then finally being told (by Verizon service) they don’t support my OS version, Snow Leopold one of Apple’s most recent releases, but I would have to purchase Apple’s new Mountain Lion version, which incidentally doesn’t always work well with my Macbook Pro. In any event, after two plus months nothing has been resolved.

On the TV side, one morning I turned on the set to the message, “there is nothing wrong with your TV service but you must follow these instructions to restore service.” First go to your homepage and follow the instructions, unfortunately there were no instructions. The message on the TV screen said that if that didn’t work, call this number and enter the “quick code” well after a lengthy wait the associate that answered the phone went through several steps, and repeat steps, to reboot the set top box with out success. She then informed me that a Technician would have to come to out residence. The problem was that we were leaving on vacation for several weeks the next day, actually late morning. She scheduled the tech between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM but said, he would be  there fairly early. Well at 12:00 there was no tech, so I called in to cancel and the individual informed me he would be there within the hour and would proceed the visit with a call. Well at 1:30 PM we felt we had wasted enough time and got ready to leave. just as we were about to leave I noticed an individual walking around the yard looking for the service connection. He then checked out the TV, I told him what had been done to date without success. He called in to the service center(?) and had them do the same thing the associate had done the day before and, low and behold, the service was restored. When questioned he stated that the service center had “better” repair capability. The overall result; no TV service for 24+hrs., long telephone waits and a late departure for vacation.

Then got a telephone “runaround” when trying to find out about a refund due me for work that my residential alarm service charged me to reestablish telephone contact after the Fios installation. The Verizon rep had me Fax a copy of the paid invoice to a Verizon Number. This was done two plus months earlier. I never did connect with anyone to answer my inquiry. 

Being unable to contact anyone for help or, just answers, I am considering canceling my service and going back to Cable and will write up the penalty fee as a “lesson learned.”

0 Likes