Upgrade Order Problems
ChristineAmond

I called to upgrade my service on June 6, 2014 at 11:30 a.m. so I could add HBO and Starz to my TV service.  I was told I had to add the Ultimate HD Channel package and then I could add premium channels.  The customer service rep quoted me a price to add the Ultimate Channel package plus the big Entertainment package which included ALL the premium channels including HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc., etc.  I asked how long it would take to start and she said from 10 minutes to a couple of hours.  Six hours later - nothing.  I called the tech line and they said they had no record of an order and could not check on it for me. They said to wait, it might just take a while.  I waited until Sunday and checked again (after check all weekend). Still no premium channels - no ultimate channels, nothing new.  I called Tech again {edited for privacy} - btw this was the only time I received an email that said I talked to anyone at Verizon which is unusual.  He again told me that there was nothing showing that I placed any order.  He talked to the ordering department and put us in a three way conversation.  The Verizon rep, "Marissa", said there was no order placed on Friday.  She would take the order again and quoted me the same price for the same packages.  I went over this three times to make sure I just had ordered the Ultimate HD channel package and the big Entertainment package which included all the premium channels.  She said it would take a few minutes to take effect (until we could watch it) - but could possible take up until midnight (this was late afternoon when I spoke with the them).  The teck guy had remained on the phone the whole time.  I thanks them both and hung up.  Monday morning I check again - still no new channels.  I call back and speak to another tech guy.  He shows nothing and gets the order reps on the phone again - speaks to them while I'm on hold and then gets me in another three way conversation.  I now have "Marissa" on the phone (never a last name by the way which I find mysterious).  She said there is an order placed but it is in the "shadow queue."  I ask her what the "shadow queue" is exactly as it sounds a little spy-ish.  She can't really answer this other than they can only "chat" with them and they say they are "working on the service issue" with my account.  I ask what the issue is - she can't answer that either.  I ask how long it will take for them to resolve this "issue".  She has no idea and the people in the "shadows" won't answer that question. I thank the two of them and hang up thinking somebody is actually doing their job. Then I get an email this time {edited for privacy}.  I check the order - it says I've only ordered the Ultimate HD Channel package - no Big entertainment package including all the premium channels. I start googling "shadow queue" and end up with a lot of questions.  I see a lot of people that have the same problem.  Some say they got help by tech people and some never get help and decide to move on to another service.  Somebody said that the problem in their service queue was an old order stuck in their account that was never cleared.  The second order rep I spoke with told me that she read in our account that we had an old order that was never cleared.  The tech service from today (6/9/2014) said he saw a very old order asking for a second line (which we have never, ever ordered).  This is ridiculous.  How can you have a "shadow queue" manned by "chat people" who won't answer a question.  i don't believe this at all.  I want an answer.  My contract is up in a month - I can move to Time Warner in my area and will if this isn't resolve quickly.  Verizon used to have good customer service.  I have been with them since before they changed their name.  We were one of the first FIOS neighborhoods in the United States and we loved the service when it was installed.  Now you have been bogged down by craziness with people who know nothing about how the upgrades work and what holds them up.  Please call me and let me know or post here, I think if somebody wants to actually spend more money on service to get more channels they should actually get help.  If you don't want to let old customers take advantage of new package pricing, then you should not offer it and let the old customers that spend close to $500 per month (yes we have all our services, including cell service with Verizon and we are close to spending that much per month) go to another service - there are lots out there now.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Order Problems
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ChristineAmond,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Order Problems
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We hadn't heard from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post in the public Forums, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes