Verification text for a change in mobile number on FiOS account will not come through to iPhone
Vince18
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is probably just my bad, but I have tried just about everything. I want to change my mobile number for my FiOS account, and it has to be verified by Verizon sending me a verification text to complete the process. I have tried it many times over the past week. All other texts are coming in fine (I have VzW). I checked the block list on my iPhone and there is nothing there. I checked the block list on VzW website and there is nothing there. I tried to do it from the FiOS app on my iPhone and verification texts still do not come through. So why are texts from Verizon FiOS website not coming through?

0 Likes
Re: Verification text for a change in mobile number on FiOS account will not come through to iPhone
jonjones1
Legend

@Vince1 wrote:

This is probably just my bad, but I have tried just about everything. I want to change my mobile number for my FiOS account, and it has to be verified by Verizon sending me a verification text to complete the process. I have tried it many times over the past week. All other texts are coming in fine (I have VzW). I checked the block list on my iPhone and there is nothing there. I checked the block list on VzW website and there is nothing there. I tried to do it from the FiOS app on my iPhone and verification texts still do not come through. So why are texts from Verizon FiOS website not coming through?

Not that I am a believer in giving my cell number to the provider. (Yeah I know I have Verizon Wireless also) I have found this issue on my mother in laws service recently.

i called Verizon and they wanted to send the text message to the OLD cell number.

i kept telling the dummy that they were trying to send a verification text to a number no longer used. I explained twice that the new number is xxx-xxx-xxxx and they must send the verification there. The person kept telling me that I had to reply to the text message or answer the phone call to have them change the phone number on the account.

i finally got a nice lady supervisor who apologized for the security measures and now said I could use any cell number to get the code. Strange huh? After she sent it, she spoke to me and changed her phone number. I pointed out three times that it was a Verizon wireless number on her account. I had her account number.

Security is one thing, but going to these extremes is crazy.

0 Likes
Re: Verification text for a change in mobile number on FiOS account will not come through to iPhone
Vince18
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, on a whim, 8 days after all the failures, I simply repeated the request to verify my cell phone number and 2 minutes later--hey presto!--the text to verify appeared on my phone. Clearly someone or some little cleanup maintenance routine running in the background quietly plugged the hole in their system. Modern software systems are just too sloppy, overpromising and underdelivering. "When she was good, She was very good indeed, But when she was bad she was horrid." (Longfellow)

0 Likes