Verizon charging me for UNRETURNED EQUIPMENT 9 months later!
inyourmind777

I need help.  I moved back in October 2013 and the place I was moving was not set up to accomodate Verizon Fios so I could not transfer my service.  Therefore, I requested to return my equipment and Verizon sent me a box with a prepaid label to ship back my products.  I then returned my DVR, Remote, Modem, and Cables back in October and suspended my account until the end of my contract.  Fast forward 9 months later, I just recieved a bill from Verizon saying I owe almost $600 for unreturned equipment!  They said they received the modem, but did not receive the DVR! 

First of all, I have the tracking number and signature from the person who recieved the package, everything was sent.  I don't know how they lost my DVR, but it was in the box when I sent it.  This is rediculous, and I have read many similar situations since.  How does Verizon lose a DVR?  Their tracking system is messed up.  And why am I just hearing about it now????

FYI:  I have submitted my claim through Verizon 2 times now and they are still "investigating"

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon charging me for UNRETURNED EQUIPMENT 9 months later!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes
inyourmind777
My issue has yet to be resolved. An agent was supposed to call me exactly one week ago and I have yet to hear anything.
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi inyourmind777,

We have reopened your private support case.  Please access your case by following the instructions posted earlier.  The agents do not monitor the public forums and cannot begin assisting with your issue until they hear from you in the private support area.

0 Likes