Verizon Fios promised free setup activation but now won't remove the $99 fee
mcastro06

I recently had a door to door rep come through my neighborhood and I signed up for fios with him. He said the install/setup fee would be waived but it will show up in the email.

Once I get the bill it hasn't actually been removed. I forget to call for some time and when I do I'm put on a 4 hour wait and never get through to anyone. Then a few days pass and you cut my service for late payment. I get it, I hadn't paid becuase you had fees on there that I didn't think I should have to pay -  but I guess you didn't realize that.

So I call and talk to about 4 people who say everything from - nothing we can do - to - we can take $42 off but insiuated I may not be being truthful.

I paid everything but the setup fee and I was told it would be looked into(they put the $99 on hold while they "investigated". Then I get the new bill and it was still on there. 

What's funny is I even found an old text from the rep (that originally said it could be removed) I must have overlooked and so I texted him and asked if he could take it off and he said he'd see what he could do. Never heard anything after that...

What is the deal? Is this some kind of bait and switch. I would have never switched to you guys if I knew I'd have to deal with this.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios promised free setup activation but now won't remove the $99 fee
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.
0 Likes