Verizon makes a mistake and expects me to pay for it?????
Toyrrific
Enthusiast - Level 1

I placed an order for Fios internet and TV with installation scheduled for 5/28/10.  I confirmed the order three times online since Verizon sent me a daily email asking me to do so.  When the installer arrived, we went over the equipment and where to place it.  One HD DVR, 1 HD Set Top Box, and 1 Regular Set Top Box.  He completed his work and left.  That evening when I went to bed, I realized that he had installed 2 HD DVR's and 1 Regular Set Top Box instead of what I ordered.  I called customer service the morning of the 29th and was told that there is no one who can come out and install the right equipment, that I have to go to a Verizon store to make the exchange.  SInce it was the last Saturday of the month and I ell cars for a living, I could not do that and had to pay someone to go to the Verizon store to make the exchange.  The Verizon representative, John, told me if I cancelled my service, I would have to pay the 24 month cancellation fee (this is not true).  John could not look at my order, since that function is not available to customer service.  He also offered a credit of one month HD DVR to compensate me for having to go to the Verizon store to make the exchange. (this has not happened and apparently will not happen)  He also told me that because it was a holiday weekend that there were no supervisors working that day (Saturday).

Next, I called on Monday to make sure he had put the credit on my bill and was told that my bill had not been generated yet and that there was no way to see what it would be.  The supervisor I was speaking with, somewhere in Florida, assured me that she would personally follow up on my bill and call me on June 16th.  Needless to say, I have never heard from her again and certainly now know that I never will.

Five phone calls later.  Each time, I called, it took so long to get through to a representative and then be placed on hold for more then a few minutes while they did whatever they do for that time, I had to hang up because a customer came in to my dealership.  I finally spoke with a supervisor named Fernando yesterday who, after ten minutes, gave me a 56 cent credit after ten minutes of explaining that it was for the second HD DVR that I never ordered and that I should not have to pay for even one day of having something I did not order.  He refused to credit the one month of DVR service for my having to pay someone to go exchange equipment that I did not order in the first place.

Each time I called, I was told that if I cancel, I will have to pay the cancellation fee, even though I am still in the first thirty days of service and all of the ads say I have thirty days to cancel with no penalty.  Obviously, this is a standard tactic used by the call centers to keep people from canceling. 

I had Fernando cancel my account when he would not do what John and the female supervisor both said they would do.

I find it amazing that a company the size of Verizon can not perform better then I have experienced.  I find it even more amazing that they are willing to give up $3,600.00 in revenue over two years for $18.99 that was promised to me by two different employees.

This is just my experience although I am sure many others have had the same experience.  Please respond and let's see if we can do anything to make them a more responsible company to their consumers.  At the very least, get them to stop using the empty threat of having to pay the cancellation penalty when it is not due.

Re: Verizon makes a mistake and expects me to pay for it?????
DisgruntledRaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Completely understand at the apathy shown by the company. They are becoming like another Comcast - The second more hated organization in the country.

Maybe they will overtake.