Verizon Negligence and Credit Report
Spring4

Verizon is the most unprofessional business that I have ever encountered. I canceled my service after one month because the representative would tell me a price over the phone but then my bill would be different. I paid my balance and returned my equipment. Then I got a bill for $900 for equipment charges. After spending 3 hours on the phone between three different departments (equipment, billing, and financial services), I got verbal confirmation that they received the equipment and that the balance was zero. Two months later, I randomly checked my credit report and there is the charge for equipment from Verizon that is past due -- after I thought we cleared everything. I call again and spend 2 more hours on the phone with these people. Again, they confirm that they have received the equipment. I asked them to send me something in writing confirming this, and I am told that they do not have the capability to fax or email the confirmation. I asked to speak to a manager and I was told the manager would have to call me back. I never got a call or confirmation in writing. What is the point of me calling and spending all these hours on the phone when I can’t get any proof of the confirmation? Do I need to record the representative's verbal confirmation? I am furious that they sent derogatory information to the credit bureau for their own negligence in not communicating across departments. There is no customer service email or chat to keep paper trail of communications.I refuse to waste any more time on the phone with these people. I'm going to work with the credit bureau and dispute charges. I am also filing this complaint with the BBB because of Verizon’s unfair trade practices.. No one has time to spend 3-4 hours a day dealing with these incompetent representatives.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Negligence and Credit Report
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Negligence and Credit Report
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

{You have received information in your private message box -- > . It is a small gold envelope on the upper right of the screen. Please Read.}

0 Likes