Verizon Refer a Friend - Can't Get a Straight Answer
jaydbball3

I signed up for service in September 2019 using a refer a friend code in which i was supposed to receive a $50 gift card, and that went perfectly. Then in February I gave my code to a friend who used it to sign up, and we were both supposed to receive $100 gift cards. He received his over a month ago, and I have yet to receive anything. Making it more frusterating is that I received 2 emails from Verizon on May 21 and June 26, saying "Your Prepaid Mastercard is Waiting.". I claimed the reward both times, and never received anything. After following the steps I received messages saying our gift is processed and we will receive it in 2 weeks, needless to say we never received them. I have made over 5 phone calls to Verizon trying to resolve the problem and have been transferred to multiple different departments spending countless hours trying to get status updates.  I have been told more than once that they will look into it and call me back within 5 days, and that was over a month ago. Today I called a number which was given to me last week by yet another agent, and was told that they cannot see anything in the system, which I cannot understand since I have multiple emails from Verizon telling me to redeem my reward. I was told to call something called RebatesHQ. That was worthless because it was 100% automated and I could not do anything without a tracking #, which I do not have. To say I am frusterated would be an understatement, I cannot understand how I have multiple emails telling me to redeem my gift card, and there was a place on the website for me to redeem it, and yet 5 phone calls and countless reps talked to has produced nothing.

I am aware the gift card is not for that much, but at this point it is just the principal of it.  From reading other posts in the forum I can see this is a wide spread problem.  My contact is up in October and I am not sure about staying with them due to the lack of customer service. I had great results with customer service a couple months ago when my service was down, but on this issue the lack of empathy or information is nothing short of astounding. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Refer a Friend - Can't Get a Straight Answer
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jaydbball3,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes