Verizon SCAM ! Triple Play Deal. Decided to stop people from using Verizon in the company and etc.
bluesky1099
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon SCAM ! Should have chosen Comcast.

I signed up for $89.99 FiOS Triple play deal for 24-months contract.

The monthly bill came out to be $131 !     $110 ~ $120 is understandable. But why $131 ?

I spend $10 for the setup-box rental.

But $30 more dollars for TAX and other fees is ridiculous !

Is this what others are paying too ??

By breaking down the charges, I find that many parts are charged in duplicate !

Inside this $89.99 price, digital voice, tv prime hd, internet are already included (see the detailed log)

But they charge these AGAIN ADDITIONALLY !, aren't these already in $89.99 ??? (see the detailed log below)

3/113/15FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited (added)  $5.00
3/113/15FiOS TV Prime HD (added) $9.16
3/113/15FiOS Internet 50/25 (added) $6.66

These three categories are charged on top of the $89.99.
That's ridiculous.
Then, what's the use of getting a rebate card ?

I feel like I was SCAMMED into this, and I'll try to stop people from using VERIZON at my work, my friends and etc.

---------------------------------------------------------

3/164/15Triple Play
Bundle Price Includes:
  • FiOS Digital Voice UnlimitedView Details
  • FiOS TV Prime HD
  • FiOS Internet 50/25
  • 24 Mo. FiOS Digital Voice Discount thru Mar 11, 2015 ($5.00 off Voice)
  • 24 Mo. Bundle Credit thru Mar 11, 2015 ($10.00 off Voice)
  • Special Bundle 24 Mo. Credit thru Mar 11, 2015 ($5.00 off TV)
  • FiOS Quantum 24 Mo. Credit thru Mar 11, 2015 ($5.00 off TV, $5.00 off Internet)
  • 24-Month Contract Discount thru Mar 11, 2015 ($5.00 off Internet)
3/164/15HD Set Top Box Rental
Current Charges Subtotal
$101.98

Change in Service and Partial Month

3/113/15FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited (added)  5.00
3/113/1524 Mo. FiOS Digital Voice Discount (added) ($0.83 off Voice) -.83
3/113/1524 Mo. Bundle Credit (added) ($1.67 off Voice)  -1.67
3/113/15FiOS TV Prime HD (added)  9.16
3/113/15HD Set Top Box Rental (added)  2.00
3/113/15Special Bundle 24 Mo. Credit (added) ($0.83 off TV)  -.83
3/113/15FiOS Quantum 24 Mo. Credit (added) ($0.83 off TV, $0.83 off Internet)   -1.66
3/113/15FiOS Internet 50/25 (added)   6.66
3/113/1524-Month Contract Discount (added) ($0.83 off Internet)   -.83
Change in Service and Partial Month Subtotal   $17.00
Current Activity Total
$118.98

Specials and Promotions
3/11 Wireless Router @ 139.99 Fee Waived ($139.99 off Internet)
3/11 FiOS Internet Installation Charge @ 79.99 Fee Waived ($79.99 off Internet)
3/11 FiOS Internet Activation Fee @ 59.99 Fee Waived ($59.99 off Internet)
Specials and Promotions Total
Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees
MA State Sales Tax
911/Disability Access Fee
Total Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees
$1.62
Verizon Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits
PEG Grant Fee
Federal Universal Service Fee
Regulatory Recovery Fee - Federal
Verizon Property Tax Recovery Charge
Regional Sports Network Fee
Total Verizon Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits
$10.67
Re: Verizon SCAM ! Triple Play Deal. Decided to stop people from using Verizon in the company and et
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Before you get outraged, take a closer look at your bill.

Verizon charges for the month in advance.  When service is started, this means they have to charge for partial month from the installation date until the start of the billing period.  Then, they charge for the next month.  This is clearly shown on your bill.

Here's the summary:

Full Month:

$89.99 triple play with discounts

$11.99 set top box

----

$101.98 total (this is your typical monthly charge)

Partial month:

$17.00

Taxes, fees, etc.

$10.67

--------------

You won't have to pay a partial month again unless you disconnect.  Your next bill will be at least $17.00 less, probably more because the taxes should drop a little as well.   It'll be around $112.

Enjoy FiOS, it rocks.

Re: Verizon SCAM ! Triple Play Deal. Decided to stop people from using Verizon in the company and et
scarrzoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem with Verizon. Was promised one price and got a bill for 3x more!! I switched from AWESOME Direct TV and customer Service to this horrible awful company!!

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon SCAM !. Decided to stop people from using Verizon in the company and et
Karen25251
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did speak with a Verizon Representative concerning the surcharges(aside from taxes)that  I have been paying. My phone service cost is $24.99. Verizon surcharges total 13.59. I am outraged! That is half of my total bill. The Verizon Representative told me, after speaking with a supervisor, to go to a website to read about why I am being charged these exorbitant fees.  It was a waste of my time to call Verizon. Something has to give.

0 Likes
TJMac1
We had our triple bundle expire in July. Our total bill now is $210. That includes the rental on three DVRs. My husband called them yesterday to see if they could help us save money. We were told it would be cheaper to get a multi room DVR and were quoted a total price of $160 plus taxes and fees. An hour later my husband checked his email and found the estimated new bill from Verizon. Yikes!! Here is what the new bill looks like:

Estimated Monthly Charges
This estimate is not your actual bill, which may vary based on activation date, changes you make after the order, duration of promotional discounts, usage, balance, adjustments or installments.
Services and Discounts Monthly Amount
Existing Triple Play $104.99
FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited
FiOS TV Extreme HD
FiOS Internet 25/25
$25 Agreement Incentive Included
New (Rent): 5 TV Equipment Package $41.99
New Multi-Room DVR Service $12.00
New DVR Service 3 @ $11 $33.00
Estimated Monthly Subtotal $191.98
Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges (see detail) $33.14
Regional Sports Network Fee $2.42
Estimated Monthly Charges $227.54
What to Expect on Your First Bill Statement Date: 09/12/2014
Your first bill with these services may be higher due to Partial Month and One-Time Charges.
Estimated Monthly Subtotal $191.98
Change in Service and Partial Month
Services Added (see detail) $14.50
Services Removed (see detail) -$8.49
Change in Service and Partial Month Subtotal $6.01
One-Time Charges
TV Equipment Shipping and Handling $19.99
One-Time Charges Subtotal $19.99
Estimated First Bill Subtotal $217.98
Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges (see detail) $37.06
Regional Sports Network Fee $2.42
Estimated First Bill Charges $257.46

As you can see, that's a lot different than $160. Then when we called them back to say this is not right, we were told that they can't change it until Monday because the billing department is closed. Why can you change it the first time on Saturday, but you can't change back on Saturday?

After reading all of the posts here, I am thinking we may never get this straightened out.
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi TJMac,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes