Verizon violated my contract and now trying to charge $136.29 more.
bigblue8081

I was having trouble with my home telephone when it rained. The rain somehow made the phone line either staticy or dead all together. I called them to request service and was told it would be $99 to have a tech come. They told me it was due to moisture in my walls that made the problem not their stuff. I told them i have 1 phone line in the house right behind the ONT. They still said itat it would be 99, or i could join the $15/month Tech Sure Plus, and after 3 months i could cancel it. This plan is cheaper, 1/2 the price. I took that option, when the tech came he did nothing in my house other than change the battery behinf the ONT for the newer stuff that he said they make them do when they see the older setup. Then he said the wire on the ONT wasnt tight enough and he tightened it. (so much for it being my wall moisture...) In the meantime he pointed out that they actually cancelled my Telephone service all together. (When i spoke to the CS guy he said that they would not bill me and pro-rate me for the time bethween the phone call and the tech visit. Never once said he was cancelling my service.) Guess what happened after??? I lost the bundle price, they almost didnt give me back my number and after 3 hrs on the phone they said they could put me on a month to month and honor my prices...(almost at least because of the tech sure monthly fee thats was **bleep**). I even told them on the phone why would i cancel the service and pay for u to service it?  Bill just came, normally im about $173.54, this bill was for $309.83. **bleep**! How is this even possible? Why is it always the consumer that gets shafted? You voilated the contract, not me. Please NYC, Staten Island give us a real option to pick other than Verizon. When is Optimum coming?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon violated my contract and now trying to charge $136.29 more.
bigblue8081

Just got off the phone w/ them. Althought the CS person said that there are notes all over the account she said i would need to wait till monday for the person to call back to adjust my account the correct way. gotta love it. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon violated my contract and now trying to charge $136.29 more.
jonjones1
Legend

http://www.dps.ny.gov 

contact them via the toll free number, and they have a link to upload documents to prove your case. They will assist you if Verizon doesn’t live up to their obligations.

0 Likes