Verizon will not give credit that was promised and is now avoiding
lov24

I have been a Verizon FiOS customer for the past 2 years and in August, decided to renew my services for another 24 months. I worked with a nice sales representative over the phone who provided me with multiple options and took the time to answer my questions. In addition to the bundled discounts, she also said that the $49.99 upgrade fee would be waived and an additional $10 credit for 12 months would be applied. However, this would not be shown up on the preview of the order but it would be noted in my account. I confirmed that this would take place and that it would be $60 in discounts each month, once a supervisor approved the additional $10 credit for 12 months. Two days later, I confirmed this on Verizon Support Chat and the representative on there repeated the same thing I was told over the phone and even included an additional note, stating that it would be $60 in discounts.

Fast forward to now, and of course, the $10 credit is not being honored. The explanation after two hours on the phone with three different people is multi layered: 

1. The credit was actually pending a supervisors decision (this was never, ever stated over the phone or in writing to me)

2. The credit could not be applied because it would wipe out other discounts

3. It was the sales representatives mistake in telling me and they would be made aware of what they did, but the customer still has to pay an extra $120 over 12 months. Stating that it was an error on both of the previous two Verizon representatives I spoke with.

4. The manager I spoke to would speak with more supervisors and would call me back the next day, which of course did not happen. The manager would not be able to say whether or not it would be honored still and gave me an hour window, during my work hours, that they would call. I have no way to contact this manager/supervisor again to find out where this all stands.

I should have known better. This happened to me two years prior, when a lady called me back and apologized that they would not be able to include an additional $5/month credit for 12 months because it was told to me in error. Once again, these "supervisors" are blaming the sales representatives and offering nothing to the customer besides "sincerest apologies."

I took the sales representative word and doubled the effort by getting it in writing over Verizon Chat. Yet, that is still not good enough and I will be penalized for doing the right things. Still now one has been able to confirm or deny whether or not this $10 credit will be applied. It is frustrating to say the least that something that was told to me, and confirmed, now is no longer on the table. This $10 credit should be honored by Verizon and I am still waiting for this to happen.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon will not give credit that was promised and is now avoiding
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lov24,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes